USA to Argentina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Steve

I was specifically talking about doing the student visa. If he wants to be legal, and study, I know exactly how to get him the student visa. It is true though, you can get those documents apostilled here in Argentina on Corrientes without a hassle. I figured it would be easier from the states. The student visa is much easier than anything else, and considering you can ¨study¨ your whole life in argentina for free, no problem.

Here are the requirements for the student visa from the migraciones website. If the OP wants to work while he is here his work time will be limited if he is also enrolled as a student. Not only that, I wonder what course of study he could enroll without speaking Castellano. Studying Spanish will not qualify him for a student visa.

And for the student visa, as well as all others, he still doesn't need the birth certificate and it's very important that the FBI report be certified by US authorities as opposed to taking it to the Argentine embassy.

Do you know if it's possible to enroll on line and apply for and/or receive a visa at an Agentine consulate or the embassy in the US? Based on the information below it looks like he will have to apply for the visa in Argentina as well as having the documents translated here.

If the course is less than six months he would not be granted temorary residency and might just as well be here as a tourist.

STUDENTS REQUIREMENTS

DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT:

a) IDENTITY: Identity Card, Passport or Certificate of Citizenship with photo, originals. These documents must be in force and in good condition and submitted with a full set of copies including blank pages.
b) CERTIFICATE OF ARGENTINE CRIMINAL RECORDS Issued by the National Registry of Reoffend, or Federal Police. Only requires to those over 16 years.
c) CERTIFICATE OF LACK OF CRIMINAL RECORD issued by the competent authorities of the countries where they have resided for a period exceeding ONE (1) year, during the course of the last THREE (3) years. Only requires to those over 16 (sixteen) years.
d) AFFIDAVIT of lack of criminal record in other countries (it will be produce in migration at the time of application for residence). e) ENTRY. Country entry seal stamped to a travel document or migration card.
CERTIFICATE OF DOMICILE OR AN INVOICE OF ANY PUBLIC SERVICE WITH YOUR NAME (ABL, electricity, water or gas)
Settling tax: NON MERCOSUR TEMPORARY $ 600 TRANSITIONAL $ 300
TWO 4X4 COLOR PHOTOS (It must be current, taken from the front, half bust, with the head completely uncovered, color, white even background, allowing appreciate faithfully and in all its fullness the holder's facial features when manage the procedure).
FORMAL STUDENT MUST SUBMIT: COMPLETE PERSONAL DOCUMENTATION AND ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE.

NO FORMAL STUDENT MUST SUBMIT: COMPLETE PERSONAL DOCUMENTATION (ONLY IF THE COURSE IS LONGER THAN 6 (SIX) MONTHS) AND ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE.

EXCHANGE STUDENT, MUST SUBMIT: COMPLETE PERSONAL DOCUMENTATION (ONLY IF THE COURSE IS LONGER THAN 6 (SIX) MONTHS). ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE, EXCHANGE STUDENT PROGRAM BETWEEN THE EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS.

PARTIAL STUDENT MUST SUBMIT: COMPLETE PERSONAL DOCUMENTATION (ONLY IF THE COURSE IS LONGER THAN 6 (SIX) MONTHS). ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE.
MINORS: Foreigners, who were under eighteen (18) years, must have authorization from a parent who must turn up at the time of the procedure with national identity card in force and birth certificate legalized that proves the family relationship. To be authorized for such purposes, the same shall be signed by competent authority. In the event that the child's parents do not reside in the National Territory, the child must have an appointed guardian, who must prove legal residence in the country and demonstrate to the public document his appointment as guardian of the child. These documents (birth certificate and power issued abroad), must be properly legalized by the Argentine Consulate of that country or apostille of the Hague Convention or legalized by the consulate of the country issuing the document established in Argentina (only documents issued in countries belonging to MERCOSUR).
NOTE: EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS MUST BE REGISTERED BEFORE THIS NATIONAL DIRECTION AND GRANT THE CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION TO THE CONCERNED DETAILING THE TYPE OF STUDY TO BE ATTENDED.

THE RESIDENCE TO GIVE WILL BE TEMPORARY OR TRANTISIONAL ACCORDING TO THE STUDIES
IMPORTANT:
*All documents issued abroad must have the legalization of the Argentine Consulate, located in the country issuing the document Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worship, or Apostille, if the country has ratified the Hague Convention .
*Without detriment of that established on international agreements or conventions in force, any documents issued by consular representatives in the national territory must have the legalization of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worship, except MERCOSUR.
*All documents issued in a foreign language must have the Spanish translation made by National Public Translator (Section 6 Law No. 20.305) and legalized by the Translators' Association.
*The documents submitted should be original and be accompanied by their respective copy, in order to proceed to their certification. The National Direction of Migration may require, if deemed necessary, additional documentation to those detailed before.

The OP hasnt posted back yet, so it´s very pointless to argue back and forth, especially considering the fact that you haven´t gone through this process, or put anyone else through the process, and I have done both.

I meant, not the FBI records, but the birth certificate through the embassy. Maybe he doesn´t need to. Still don´t have to argue about it, it´s not that serious. Point being, it can be done, whether its in Arg or in the USA.

and once you have a student visa, you can work en blanco.

studying wont necessarily get in the way of working times, consdering you MOST LIKELY will be teaching English during the day. School can be done at night. Also, people forget that this is Argentina. You don´t ACTUALLY have to go to school, you just have to pretend.

Also, a note. Don´t try to do anything by reading the migraciones website or anything like that. The government here is just completely retarded and trying to do anything by yourself will be a pain. Find someone who knows. Or pay someone.

braytrain said:
The OP hasnt posted back yet, so it´s very pointless to argue back and forth, especially considering the fact that you haven´t gone through this process, or put anyone else through the process, and I have done both.

I meant, not the FBI records, but the birth certificate through the embassy. Maybe he doesn´t need to. Still don´t have to argue about it, it´s not that serious. Point being, it can be done, whether its in Arg or in the USA.

and once you have a student visa, you can work en blanco.

studying wont necessarily get in the way of working times, consdering you MOST LIKELY will be teaching English during the day. School can be done at night. Also, people forget that this is Argentina. You don´t ACTUALLY have to go to school, you just have to pretend.

Also, a note. Don´t try to do anything by reading the migraciones website or anything like that. The government here is just completely retarded and trying to do anything by yourself will be a pain. Find someone who knows. Or pay someone.

The OP may never reply back because he may have just been a troll. There have been several new threads that were started recently by individuals who are going to move to BA with no rational reason whatsoever to do so.

I have never applied for a work or a student visa, that much is true, but I have applied for and renewed a financero/pensionada visa three times, receiving permanent residency on my own at the third renewal. I have also helped others in similar situations by sharing my experience with them in a number of related threads.

I also suggest anyone who needs help but doesn't want to pay more than a couple hundred dollars contact Patriciafromuruguay who is a member here. She has 100% success in helping members here obtain their residency. She only goes with them to translate, but she makes sure they have what they need or she won't charge them.

I don't think anyone has posted that they received a student or work visa at the Argentine Embassy in the USA. What exactly do you mean when you say you have done both? Did you actually apply for and receive a student or a work visa at the Argentine embassy? Did you not have to get the Argentine penales antecedentes after your arrival in Argentina? Did you then have to go to migraciones to apply for your DNI?

If you have done all of these things please elaborate. Many wannabe expats will read this thread, regardless of whether or not the OP posts again. Please provide the actual steps you took in detail if you want to be helpful...and please don't tell me to eat you balls (again).

I found the people at migraciones to be helpful and friendly, but I did not treat them as if they were mentally challenged. I used to teach swimming to the physically and mentally challenged and find your use of the word "retarded" repugnant.

And I'd really like to know why you would want to live in a retarded country where all you have to do to stay here is pretend to be something you aren't.

One Bill Buckley (now aka Mike Norbel on couchsurfing?) should be enough.

OP, if you even read this, here's what you should do.

Get work experience and save money in the US, then come to Argentina for three months and live here off your savings. You will probably have to live meagerly. When you're here, don't run around with students or tourists, try to talk to locals and foreigners who are doing what you discussed. Be sure to ask them about money, how much they are making and how much things cost. You will be horrified.

The reason why I'm saying that is that people with big risky dreams (a positive) and the sense of entitlement that unaccomplished young adults have (a negative, as manifested in your demanding post) move to Argentina all the time, think it's great, then start working here for local wages and develop a martyr complex towards anyone with real life accomplishments. Don't know how many smiling faces I've seen behind the bar at the foreigner bars slowly turn into Che Guevara with a Prima Dona complex.

And, just to use your line, don't give me that crap about there not being jobs in the US. If you think that's the case, you sure won't find any work here besides bar work or teaching English.

If you have done all of these things please elaborate. Many wannabe expats will read this thread, regardless of whether or not the OP posts again. Please provide the actual steps you took in detail if you want to be helpful...and please don't tell me to eat you balls (again).

Oh, so you´re THAT guy! LOL. I was wondering why you were bothering me. Listen, I don´t need to elaborate and recite each step I took to do this and that. You didn´t do that, did you? No, you copied and pasted stuff, and without actually ever having done any of the things which you posted. Then argued with someone who has recently done just that.

I never said to receive a student visa through the embassy. Read closer. Remember, this is why I was insulting people and subsequently got banned in the thread where I said that thing about my balls. Thanks for all your awesome help and information by the way, I´m glad you decided to do something different here.

What I said was to send the certificate to get stamped at the embassy, and then translated. Never said, then wait a week, pay 60 bucks, and stop at the drive through. Yes, you can do the paperwork here. Great, was it really worth arguing over this information? I hope you feel comfortable over the size of your e-peen.

Im sorry I offended you with the words I use. If you want to get philosophical with me, then let´s do it in private so you don´t hurt your pride when a kid half your age proves that you are just a tiny little person. I´m glad my dad wasn´t as block headed as you.

The only thing you said in this thread worth anything, was mentioning that girls name that can help with this kids paperwork. Everything else was just to argue with me, because you´re holding some grudge. I offered this kid my help, I´ll do the stuff for him too. I don´t know why you have to argue with someone that´s just trying to help de onda.

If you have been able to get a visa why won't you elaborate exactly...step by step...how you did so?

I have aleady done so...in many posts...without copying and pasting anything...

in order to help others who want to do the same as I have...including applying for citizenship.

braytrain said:
Oh, so you´re THAT guy! LOL. I was wondering why you were bothering me. Listen, I don´t need to elaborate and recite each step I took to do this and that. You didn´t do that, did you? No, you copied and pasted stuff, and without actually ever having done any of the things which you posted. Then argued with someone who has recently done just that.

I never said to receive a student visa through the embassy. Read closer. Remember, this is why I was insulting people and subsequently got banned in the thread where I said that thing about my balls. Thanks for all your awesome help and information by the way, I´m glad you decided to do something different here.

What I said was to send the certificate to get stamped at the embassy, and then translated. Never said, then wait a week, pay 60 bucks, and stop at the drive through. Yes, you can do the paperwork here. Great, was it really worth arguing over this information? I hope you feel comfortable over the size of your e-peen.

Im sorry I offended you with the words I use. If you want to get philosophical with me, then let´s do it in private so you don´t hurt your pride when a kid half your age proves that you are just a tiny little person. I´m glad my dad wasn´t as block headed as you.

The only thing you said in this thread worth anything, was mentioning that girls name that can help with this kids paperwork. Everything else was just to argue with me, because you´re holding some grudge. I offered this kid my help, I´ll do the stuff for him too. I don´t know why you have to argue with someone that´s just trying to help de onda.

Thanks for the sincere thoughts.

Why do you feel the need to denegrate personally me to make your point?

And I still wonder why you won't help others by sharing your actual experience in obtaining a temporary resident visa...especially if you are just trying to help.

Yes, I have enumerated everything I have done...step by step...in a number of posts.

If you have done so as well you have yet to explain how you did it.

Perhaps it's time for someone to CALL BULLSHIT AND LET THE FOLKS AT MIGRACIONES KNOW WHAT SUCKERS THEY ARE BEING TAKEN FOR by EXPATS (like you) in BA.

Steve you are the one who called me Homer Simpson previously just for asking a question. You are the one trying to make me look like some kind of bad person by using the word retard, like you are supremely above that. You are the one who came after me, all I did was post. My intention was not to give the steps. Why? Because this kid doesn't want steps. It's obvious to anyone who read the last part of his post that he doesn't want some kind of listed online help like what you can find online. That is why I said, "let me know if you need help." Because if he actually does come here, and contacts me, I'll walk him through everything personally.

I'm not gonna post the exact steps online, because I don't want some douche to go nit picking at it, "no thats not right," " nah aww NO," etc... I don't want anyone coming back to me saying " I did just what you said!"

I tell everyone, look, if you want to know, if you want to talk, add me on skype. I'm a very nice guy. Inlcuding you Steve, contact me personally if you want to talk something out. I have skype. I'm not some immature kid or some evil monster (okay maybe I am an immature kid) that you may think I am.

If people choose not to, their choice, their loss. Doesn't hurt me in the end.

and I'm not an expat, I'm a dual citizen. call bullshit all you want, migraciones know that they are suckers.

hopefully we can put this behind us, you can forget I asked you to lick my balls, and I will forget you called me the Argentine Homer Simpson.

I'm sorry everyone. I'm busy with work and life. I DO have a life outside of the internet. I know it's a concept and hard to comprehend. I find it poor that people will call someone down without thinking that they are busy or something. Jeeze. Grow up.
Now, I want to thank you all for the information. I'm not some troll as someone stated.
Don't call me that. I'm actually quite serious about moving. A lot of this was very insightful and gave me a lot of information on where to start and what to be looking forward too. Most of you did help me and didn't tell me to go look over a 1,000 pages for a dozen different questions I had.
I'm sorry the job situation is very poor there.
I'm guessing it would be easier for someone with a degree to get a job in any country.
Not easy but easier.
It's easier for me to just open my own little forum area and read it myself because as I said. I am a busy person and have other things in life than constantly checking things all the time and so on.
Also, if you guys can't get along or be nice to people. Buzz off.
It's quite rude for someone to come ask for help than get called down because the lack of understanding.
Also, don't be fighting and calling each other names.
Oh, for the person who said to drop the attitude. I have a great attitude but I am smart enough to know how forum people are. If you don't have a backbone they will sit their and belittle you for no reason.

Now that is all said and such.
I want to thank the people who actually gave intelligent and helpful input. It means a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back