Using my Temp Work Visa DNI for cheaper travel

Xeneizes

Registered
Hey,

I know there are some threads on this but I couldn't get the clarification I was looking for when reading them.

I have a temporary one year DNI sponsored by my company. I would like to travel, via flights or buses, to several locations in and outside of Argentina over the next few months (long weekend trips, etc)

With this work visa/temporary DNI, am I eligible for the local flight rates? I pay taxes on my income.

If so, how can I take advantage of it? (Do I need to book in person?)

Does this discount only apply for domestic trips?

Does this discount apply to only aerolineas argentinas, or can I use other companies?

Does it apply for just flights, or buses as well?

Thank you!

With a DNI you get the 'residents' prices on Aerolineas.com & LAN.com just choose the 'ARGENTINA' site and you will be quoted the local rates. Buses generally don't offer special residents rates.

jez said:
With a DNI you get the 'residents' prices on Aerolineas.com & LAN.com just choose the 'ARGENTINA' site and you will be quoted the local rates. Buses generally don't offer special residents rates.

Make sense, but I just checked a flight to Santiago with LAN in late march and its the same price whether I am on the argentine site or US site. Any ideas?

You get residents special pricing for DOMESTIC internal flights only. Santiago (if you mean Chile, and not Santiago del Estero provincia) is international.

@DavidGlen77, do you know if this is still the case, at least with Aerolineas...
A few weeks ago I tried to purchase a ticket on Aerolineas at the residents' rate (legally...I'm a resident). At the time I didn't have an Argentine-issued credit or debit card so Aerolineas wouldn't give me the resident rate. In the end I booked a resident-rate ticket on LAN using a foreign card.

@ElLatingo, I can't vouch for the payment method being the determining factor, however anybody with a DNI is entitled to the resident (lower) fares on Aerolineas Argentinas. It may just be they don't have a lot of people with DNIs purchasing tickets with foreign bank issued cards and don't know how to process the transaction this way. I would go into one of their offices and inquire there. It's hard to get anything that involves thinking outside of the box here done over the phone or by e-mail.

The system says I need to have 10 characters even though I just want to write: :)

:)

Davidglen77 said:
It's hard to get anything that involves thinking outside of the box here done over the phone or by e-mail.

Back