Using UBER in BA with a US cell phone

As a follow up, the other day I was with a friend who uses an Argentine card for UBER. When he called the driver asked if he would be paying cash. Said he would NOT accept cards. This was in provincia so maybe it's different there but it still doesn't seem clear to me. If I pay cash I'll still get charged by my credit card.

As a follow up, the other day I was with a friend who uses an Argentine card for UBER. When he called the driver asked if he would be paying cash. Said he would NOT accept cards. This was in provincia so maybe it's different there but it still doesn't seem clear to me. If I pay cash I'll still get charged by my credit card.

The Uber driver does not have the right to refuse a credit card used through the app. Their opinion on the matter is irrelevant. Tell them that and then report them through the app. They will be deactivated very quickly. Uber doesnt mess around. They want to be the worlds taxi service where you feel comfortable using them no matter where you are, unlike taxis. That driver is interfering with that goal, thus he will no longer drive for them.

The Uber driver does not have the right to refuse a credit card used through the app. Their opinion on the matter is irrelevant. Tell them that and then report them through the app. They will be deactivated very quickly. Uber doesnt mess around. They want to be the worlds taxi service where you feel comfortable using them no matter where you are, unlike taxis. That driver is interfering with that goal, thus he will no longer drive for them.

Glad to hear this. Unfortunately he didn't follow the rules. On my return the driver cancelled the trip. The second driver who came said he thought it was because the driver didn't like the neighborhood.

This morning I tried to use UBER to get from the microcenter to a place near Pacheco in the Province of BA Each time I tried I failed. Tried about four times but no taxi would accept. I was with an Argentine friend who thinks they see the name and know its a foreigner and don't want credit card payments.

Back