Vaccination Tourism Has Started

jeff1234

Registered
Clain has an article about Argentinians travelling to Miami to get vaccinated. They just need an appointment and to be over 65. 21 days later get the final shot.
That's wonderful and long awaited news.

Clain has an article about Argentinians travelling to Miami to get vaccinated. They just need an appointment and to be over 65. 21 days later get the final shot. That's wonderful and long awaited news.
If you're hot to get vaccinated a pretty useful article to on 'how to' and what the experience is like. Sounds like once you're in Florida you need to register online and get a turn. Wondering if there are other states now in the US with similar ease of getting vaccinated.

Vaccinations are supposed to be for residents only. There are seniors that can't get appointments due to a huge backlog. These tourists are deplorables, getting free vaccines that are meant for taxpaying residents. These carranchos probably bitch about Bolivians coming into Argentina for free medical care.

What does everyone think will be the options in the future for perma-tourists, those without residency etc in Argentina in the future?

Will a trip back "home" be required? Or as it's Argentina no one can guess? :D

The rules will be changed soon. The backlash has already started.
In a recent Instagram story, Argentinian television personality Yanina Latorre is seen celebrating that her mother was going to be able to receive the COVID-19 vaccine while on vacation in South Florida. This has outraged many residents who now have to wait for more vaccine to arrive in Fla to get theirs.

The rules will be changed soon. The backlash has already started.

they likely don't demand proof of residency to accommodate homeless and undocumented (i.e. illegal) residents.

Reasonable solution would be to revoke visas of tourists who abuse this.
Make them inadmissible.

Last edited:
I was very annoyed and upset when i read the article in Clarin. These terrible women even publicizing their immorality. I have a 95 year old client in a senior retirement community in California. She has paid income taxes forever and continues to pay, and yet no one in her community has yet been vaccinated. I won't share with you what I hope happens to the women, but I think you might imagine it!

Lots of people are heading to Fla for vaccinations, not only from Argentina but from other states. Florida will be needing a lot more vaccine. Fortunately we happen to have a lot of doses of Sputnik that nobody wants. Maybe be can make them a deal. A thousand doses of Sputnik for a week at the Miami Mandarin Oriental?

Back