Vaccination Tourism Has Started

8 January 2021
....Francis Suárez, mayor of Miami, assures: “I think it is disgusting that people take advantage of the fact that we are distributing vaccines in our community that must go as a priority to our residents. And it is something that should not happen ”. Suárez told us that he will investigate the matter, while Dr. Alvarez-Pousa says that, concerned, he wrote to the governor.

"This exists, fix it, it cannot be that today we put one more old man, one more doctor or one more patient at risk, by giving a vaccine to a tourist who comes abusing his stay and shows off, when he returns to his country, that a vaccine was obtained for free ”. We also wrote to the office of Governor Ron DeSantis, but have not yet received a response. At the moment, there are no rules that prohibit a tourist who meets the criteria from receiving the vaccine.

8 January 2021
....Francis Suárez, mayor of Miami, assures: “I think it is disgusting that people take advantage of the fact that we are distributing vaccines in our community that must go as a priority to our residents. And it is something that should not happen ”. Suárez told us that he will investigate the matter, while Dr. Alvarez-Pousa says that, concerned, he wrote to the governor.
"This exists, fix it, it cannot be that today we put one more old man, one more doctor or one more patient at risk, by giving a vaccine to a tourist who comes abusing his stay and shows off, when he returns to his country, that a vaccine was obtained for free ”. We also wrote to the office of Governor Ron DeSantis, but have not yet received a response. At the moment, there are no rules that prohibit a tourist who meets the criteria from receiving the vaccine.
I truly don't get it. Instead of letting this turn into a circus, as they have, all they need to do is fix this: "At the moment, there are no rules that prohibit a tourist who meets the criteria from receiving the vaccine." Require identification of residency or citizenship. But then it is Florida, what can you expect?

they likely don't demand proof of residency to accommodate homeless and undocumented (i.e. illegal) residents.

Reasonable solution would be to revoke visas of tourists who abuse this.
Make them inadmissible.

You must remember that Democrats object to any form of voter ID, so how can you require IDs for vaccinations?

You must remember that Democrats object to any form of voter ID, so how can you require IDs for vaccinations?

:rolleyes: ...you old guys have the maturity level of 20 years olds. My team good, your team bad. And you seem to be unintentionally advocating for the Democratic style of vaccine delivery where each person is well qualified and ID'd before the vaccine is given to them, like in NY and CA.

Florida is governed by Desantis, a Republican, he can make the rules around it that he wants. Less regulation will speed up the delivery. If you have a couple thousand rich Latin Americans coming to Miami for the vaccine for free, they are also spending money for 21 days which helps the economy. They will have paid for the vaccine and more through sales tax.

:rolleyes: ...you old guys have the maturity level of 20 years olds. My team good, your team bad. And you seem to be unintentionally advocating for the Democratic style of vaccine delivery where each person is well qualified and ID'd before the vaccine is given to them, like in NY and CA.

Florida is governed by Desantis, a Republican, he can make the rules around it that he wants. Less regulation will speed up the delivery. If you have a couple thousand rich Latin Americans coming to Miami for the vaccine for free, they are also spending money for 21 days which helps the economy. They will have paid for the vaccine and more through sales tax.

Thats why I titled this thread vacation tourism. For every senior in Fla thats impatient to get his/her vaccination there are some number of hotel workers happy to have people arriving.

It is still for free, no waiting and they do not check residency status in Palm Beach county. Getting emails every day.

Back