Veda

Ronnie Hotdogs

Registered
Remember friends there’ll be no alcohol on sale after 2000 tomorrow.
Another quirk of Argentine culture, no alcohol sold within x hours of elections.

So you can think through your decision properly….

Maybe they should start allowing people to get pissed the night before things might improve.

While we're thinking through our decision properly, having previously stocked up on Malbec, how do you vote?

I'm looking at https://buenosairesherald.com/polit...-foreigner-in-argentina-what-you-need-to-know, and since I'm now living in Buenos Aires Province, this would apply:

Buenos Aires province

In Buenos Aires province, foreign residents vote for governor, vice governor, provincial deputies and senators, mayor, city councillors, and school councillors.

You can check where you’re voting here. Don’t forget to bring your DNI!

When you go into the classroom where you’re voting, you’ll find a paper ballot for each coalition. Pick one, put it in the envelope, go outside and put it in the ballot box. You will be asked to sign a tally, showing you’ve voted.

So you don't choose individual candidates, only a coalition list?

While we're thinking through our decision properly, having previously stocked up on Malbec, how do you vote?
Each province is different, you can consult your suffrage rights as a Permanent Resident here
If you're a citizen, you must vote or pay a fine if you don't have a valid excuse for not voting.

In either case, and any province, you must already be in the padrón to vote on Sunday as the time to
register/change your address has passed.
So you don't choose individual candidates, only a coalition list?
I can't comment on other Provinces as I live in CABA, and you can do either and it's digital (there's actually a simulator for those interested), which the Ks hate for some reason. I believe you can in Provincia too, but you must physically cut the ballot, which is meant to discourage this behavior.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
starlucia Expat Life 5
M Expat Life 11
tez Services Offered 0
Back