Vegemite

LexiN

Registered
Anybody know where I can get vegemite? (Also, hope this isn't posting several times...for some reason I doesn't look to be showing up on the forum.) Thanks!

Anybody know where I can get vegemite? (Also, hope this isn't posting several times...for some reason I doesn't look to be showing up on the forum.) Thanks!
Sorry to say but I don't think they sell it anywhere in BsAs. I get mine muled in, or mum sends me a package every few months. It takes about a about 3 to 5 days to get here from Oz.
I love the stuff too & can't substitute it with anything...Marmite will never do!

I asked the same a year and a half ago... sadly the outcome was that I couldn't find any and have switched to Dulce de Leche for the morning toast.

Rumours had it that the big supermarket in Chinatown stocked it at times, they certainly do have a lot of foreign foods (peanut butter for example) but the times I've been no luck on the vegemite.

If you do get some, please let us know!

I asked the same a year and a half ago... sadly the outcome was that I couldn't find any and have switched to Dulce de Leche for the morning toast.

Rumours had it that the big supermarket in Chinatown stocked it at times, they certainly do have a lot of foreign foods (peanut butter for example) but the times I've been no luck on the vegemite.

If you do get some, please let us know!

Decided to find out about this Aussie spread, so called in Argentina,, Cangudulcedeleche...!! :p

300px-Vegemiteontoast_large.jpg

No, you can't get it here. Nor will you find marmite. China town does, occasionally, have some US/Europe food options but these are rare (peanut butter, the occasional nice mustard, etc) and the options have always been thin on the ground (I just don't bother even looking anymore)

I saw Marmite at my Coto (French and Larea) a month or so back. It was upstairs in their foreign food section near the wine. I don't touch that stuff myself, but it was there. Do not recall seeing Vegemite.

I saw Marmite at my Coto (French and Larea) a month or so back. It was upstairs in their foreign food section near the wine. I don't touch that stuff myself, but it was there. Do not recall seeing Vegemite.
Thank you! Will have to stop off when picking up my kids from around there, all this talk of vegemite / marmite has given me one hell of a craving. Finished my last pot 2 years ago. I've been here long enough to not be fussy about what name is on the label, just take what I can get.

If you can hold your urges till early March 2013 I'm more than happy to bring some of the black amber out for you :D. Unfortunatley I'll be drwaing the line at Tim Tams and Carlton....too messy. But anyone in need of jar of Vege or some Twisties fix drop me a PM and I'll be happy to oblige :)

Back