Vegemite

What a generous offer Nounou, but as my parents are coming out in April, they can bring me over a big supply along with mallow puffs, toffee pops, jetplanes, salt and vinegar chips, the list goes on (and you've just added twisties onto it!). However, it will have to be vegemite because I don't think the NZ marmite factory is up and running again. :)

Ahh Vegemite I miss it soo much, have been out for a cpl of months and no visitors! Lucky I have visitors in 2 weeks with some in hand, and decent peanut butter! In fact, has anyone noticed any Kraft peanut butter in Chinatown? I buy the Argentina stuff from Carrefour (also in disco) and although its better than none, not quite the same!

Good to hear you have 'red cross food parcels' on the way :D good drills chaps, lol. Just to add if any of you cannot control your hunger pangs and run out of the good stuff by late Feb, just shout and I'll do a quick recce of Wollies to see what I can pick up :)

We have one jar left, the other fell and broke. :( We are in Patagonia, hard to get the good old vegemite down here. My kids have it for breakfast. Don't go to woollies if you want a one kg jar go to Costco in Sydney. I think it is $AU 10 a jar. if anyone will travel there and bring some back pls let us know. Cheers!

By the way speaking of salt and Vinegar Chips my 5 year old son misses them, as well as good salmon sushi from Sydney, eating at the fish markets, fresh fish. We miss the beach too! :( but Patagonia has its loveliness albeit a bit expensive!

By the way speaking of salt and Vinegar Chips my 5 year old son misses them, as well as good salmon sushi from Sydney, eating at the fish markets, fresh fish. We miss the beach too! :( but Patagonia has its loveliness albeit a bit expensive!

Yamila I am from Perth and am missing the beach so much. Holiday fixes dont suffice either, its not the same as hopping in the car and being there in a few mins :(

Hi guys. I'm a native porteño. I joined the forum just to ask this one question.

I've been looking for Vegemite and Marmite for a long time. Couldn't find it. What I wonder is if any of you has tried concentrado de carne. It's a reduced meat broth, very very thick. Is it similar to Vegemite? I guess the flavor has to differ due to the ingredients, I'm asking in general, the kind of stuff it is, how it's used. The concentrado de carne can be spread on toast, I've seen it done with butter or cheese. Also added to a soup, not more than a tea spoon dissolved into the soup. Or to flavor a stew.

I want to know because I couldn't try it and everyone is talking about that stuff. And if I get it, I'd like to know what to do with it.

Back