Venezuela As A Comparison Of What Could Be Argentina's Futur

Chaya

Registered
I was reading an expats Venezuelan forum and I found this. ...

The Gov't rate is 6.3:1 and the blk mkt rate is almost 99:1 Good luck! Bolivares are generally considered worthless outside of Vzla as no other country uses them or accepts them as legal tender.

And I thought the Government vs the blue rate in Argentina was bad. What I don't understand is the reverence for Venezuela by many in the Argentina Government. If they continue to implement the draconian control policies seen in Venezuela perhaps we will live to see the same free fall of the Peso in Argentina. Just pondering where things may be heading.

Venezuela advanced the model, Argentina is still in transition. And people can't just accept and have their believes ruined, since this is often harder than physical loss.

There are countless nations that went through this and out of experience of mine, I can't say I see bright future here. Usually, after everything falls down completely, people that want changes prevail. But then you have majority without believe in any system, so nothing works anymore, and doesn't matter how good the new system is, everyone needs believers. This happened in post communist countries and few, that had strong history to rely on, fare quite good, the rest are in famous transition, where everyone is tricking the system.

Venezuela>Argentina>Brazil

Three countries at different stages of the same path.

AND THE FINAL RESULT?: A Cuban system, shooting everyone that tries to leave their paradise, and jail everyone who dissents!!!

Honestly if I had to choose between the two I would prefer Cuba over Venezuela at this point. A lot safer, a far morerealistic exchange between rate between national currency and dollar (peso convertible), and in general a country that seems on its way to improve things vs. Venezuela where things get worse and worse.

Cuba ranks fourth in the Latin Americans HDI from ONU.

Cuba ranks fourth in the Latin Americans HDI from ONU.

Which no one can go validade, as the only source is the official government data. So, it is meaningless.

And even if it is indeed fourth, after installing a dictatorship, having scores political prisoners, having dissidents shot, shortages of even the most basic things like soap and toilet paper, and turning the country into one of the primary sex tourism spots in the hemisphere, that is the best they have to show for? Fourth? That is it? That is supposed to be a bragging right?

Camberiu: and that's 4th in Latin America. A bit like the 4th tallest midget.

Which no one can go validade, as the only source is the official government data. So, it is meaningless.

Ok, we take all the countries of the continent, and everyone says the truth!!! Only Cuba lies.
I wonder why if they lie they didnt put themselves in the first place. Or Argentina. Or Venezuela. Or Ecuador.

Back