Venezuela - Let us discuss it.

cabrera said:
Yeah SSR and the USA the emerging third world country of the western hemisphere . 45 million people in poverty , the most obese people on the planet and over 13 percent of the population of the USA live on food stamps.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/35-mill...tamps-highest-since-records-kept-in-1969.html

Yeah right SSR you should be real............. proud .;)
And the subject was Brazil or where he should move to next. But you ultimately look for some opportunity to do some USA bashing. Why not find a board for just that purpose.

MR GHOST such a ridiculous name you have and your anti argentine personality that is so apparent on this board sickens me and my countrymen .
The topic was Venezuala and its benefits not how great Brazil was in comparison to Argentina . SSR has used this forum like you to spout rascist remarks about our society and our culture.

You obviously hate Argentina. Why do you stay?

cabrera said:
MR GHOST such a ridiculous name you have and your anti argentine personality that is so apparent on this board sickens me and my countrymen .
The topic was Venezuala and its benefits not how great Brazil was in comparison to Argentina . SSR has used this forum like you to spout rascist remarks about our society and our culture.

You obviously hate Argentina. Why do you stay?
Yawn.........I don't hate Argentina, it's pittiful little termites like you that I find disgusting.

SSR, The past is part of the reality, dont be ignorant. A country is Built over its entire history and not just based on his present!, If everyone thought that way then the Empire State Building in NY, the Colon Theatre in BA, the Louvre museum in Paris should be demolished to build something again because the past does not count right???, just to give you some examples. Argentina has civilized much more before than Brazil, taking into account that the both countrys start at the same time. A economic state does not mean much, because the economy comes and goes, no one has the economic status assured, just take a look at U.S., the most powerful country in the world and now they leave it to several million people in the street without a job!.
On the other hand, Argentina has wonderful people (its no coincidence that we are the only country in Latin America that has three Nobel Prize won in science, and how much has brazil??? ... hehe ...ZERO:p) , great food too from all over the world (saving any stupid exception), all climates, different types of landscapes, from beaches to snowy mountains, and many other things. Just so you get learn a bit ........ Cheers ;)

Brigadier said:
On the other hand, Argentina has wonderful people (its no coincidence that we are the only country in Latin American that has three Nobel Prize won in science, and how much has brazil??? ... hehe ...ZERO:p) , great food too from all over the world (saving any stupid exception), all climates, different types of landscapes, from beaches to snowy mountains, and many other things. Just so you learn a bit ........ Cheers ;)

I love argentina and argentines, but this is the type of stuff that's drilled into your heads growing up and it's only when people leave the country that they realise they've been sold a bill of goods and Argentina actually isn't the best in the world.

A lot of countries do the same to their people (ie USA comes to mind) -- encourage the We're Number 1 idea.

At the end of the day that patriotism can be great (unifies your people) but it can also come back and bite you in the ass -- that type of bravadura and egotism ends up being a large part of the reason that other people can't stand nationalities that feature this ridiculous pride.

Argentines aren't too well liked by most, if not all, of Latin America -- well, when they're constantly spouting that they are the best and more civilised than the nations surrounding them, of course their going to end up being less than favourites.

By the way economy does play a really important role even in your ideas of being Civilised. Without money, there's no research. Without research, there's no Nobel Prizes.

By claiming history is of supreme importance over the now and the economy, you sir are doing what we call in english "Resting on your Laurels" -- a phrase which derives from Roman times meaning that you feel that your past accomplishments are so great that it doesn't matter what you do from now on.

great food too from all over the world (saving any stupid exception)

This is the funniest thing I have read on these forums.

different types of landscapes, from beaches to snowy mountains

No, wait, are you comparing those grey strips of sand pounded by freezing waters, winds and jellyfish south of here with Brazilian beaches? Then I stand corrected, that is the funniest thing I have read on these forums.

Argentina has great stuff but beaches and food certainly don't make the list.

Great post syngirl. Would give it double thanks if I could.

Brigadier said:
On the other hand, Argentina has wonderful people (its no coincidence that we are the only country in Latin America that has three Nobel Prize won in science, and how much has brazil??? ... hehe ...ZERO):p) ,

Brazil has one Nobel Prize winner for medicine. Venezuela also has one for medicine.
Although I'm not sure how # of Nobel prizes correlates to wonderful people and I'm also not sure why you ignored Argentina's two Nobel Peace prizes.

syngirl said:
I love argentina and argentines, but this is the type of stuff that's drilled into your heads growing up and it's only when people leave the country that they realise they've been sold a bill of goods and Argentina actually isn't the best in the world.

A lot of countries do the same to their people (ie USA comes to mind) -- encourage the We're Number 1 idea.

At the end of the day that patriotism can be great (unifies your people) but it can also come back and bite you in the ass -- that type of bravadura and egotism ends up being a large part of the reason that other people can't stand nationalities that feature this ridiculous pride.

Argentines aren't too well liked by most, if not all, of Latin America -- well, when they're constantly spouting that they are the best and more civilised than the nations surrounding them, of course their going to end up being less than favourites.

By the way economy does play a really important role even in your ideas of being Civilised. Without money, there's no research. Without research, there's no Nobel Prizes.

By claiming history is of supreme importance over the now and the economy, you sir are doing what we call in english "Resting on your Laurels" -- a phrase which derives from Roman times meaning that you feel that your past accomplishments are so great that it doesn't matter what you do from now on.

Good post. I think you have hit on one of the central problems with Argentina. It's a country that really needs change and reform, but many if not most Argentinians believe they have the best country in Latin America already (and of course in some things they may be the best) and therefor there no need to change things or accept new ideas. I think the views expressed here by Cabrera and Brigadier are fairly representative of many people in the general population. Given this I don't expect big changes in Argentina anytime soon, great if you like it the way it is.

The Nobel prize thing seems to come up a lot as proof of Argentina's greatness. I'm amazed how many locals can name all the Argentine winners, and I'm usually left scratching my head when asked to reciprocate, but I guess its more special when you only have 5 laureates.

Back