Venezuelan Elections.

Victory.

The Opposition reached 112 Seats means 2/3 of the total... Mayoria Absoluta??

Can the Oposition modify the Constitution to revoke Maduros Mandate....?? :D

Chavez brother Argenis Chavez. was defeated ..!

El triunfo en Barinas significó la derrota del candidato del PSUV, Argenis Chávez, hermano del fallecido presidente Hugo Chávez.

Raul Castro sent s supportive message to Maduro...!! Expressing that the Bolivariana Revolution Lives..!! Without Cheap Chavez Oil Cuba may be in trouble ... Will the CUBANS DEMAND for A Cambio in CUBA...! Will Cuba dictatorship collapse next. :rolleyes:

The landslide Victory of the Venezuelan Opposition makes me as happy as when the Berlin Wall Fell. Hope to live to see the Fall of the Castros B)

Rich One:
After 55 years of Revolucion it is doubtful that masses of Cubans will fill the streets clamoring for change.Most likely,there will be a difficult period of democratic transition ending with free elections albeit VERY slowly.several years at least..
For the first time the Cubans have agreed to negotiate U.S.claims for property expropiated in the beginning of Fidel's gov't.Most probably this will hinge on,the lifting of the embargo which ,I believe,will be loosened greatly in 2016.The bilateral negotiations are going well but slowly.The Cubans do not want to "upset the apple cart ".
Todo despacito,despacito.
There are also 3,000 Cuban refugees stuck in Costa Rica waitng to get to Miami and Raul doen't want them coming back.If you know Cuba,you realize that their priorities at the moment are economic not political.

http://www.elnuevoherald.com/noticias/mundo/america-latina/venezuela-es/article48522010.html

Maduro lost the backing of the military.

Rich One:
After 55 years of Revolucion it is doubtful that masses of Cubans will fill the streets clamoring for change.Most likely,there will be a difficult period of democratic transition ending with free elections albeit VERY slowly.several years at least..
For the first time the Cubans have agreed to negotiate U.S.claims for property expropiated in the beginning of Fidel's gov't.Most probably this will hinge on,the lifting of the embargo which ,I believe,will be loosened greatly in 2016.The bilateral negotiations are going well but slowly.The Cubans do not want to "upset the apple cart ".
Todo despacito,despacito.
There are also 3,000 Cuban refugees stuck in Costa Rica waitng to get to Miami and Raul doen't want them coming back.If you know Cuba,you realize that their priorities at the moment are economic not political.

One never knows a Cuban Ayatollah in exile may emerge in Miami, and with the blogger and new Web communications opening, may inspire an uprising a Primavera Habanera...! para Moros & Cristianos.

Lots of bad news coming out of Venezuela. First, a couple days ago, the government announced that the opposition only won 107 seats, which would give them less than the critical two thirds majority they need to really change things.

Now Maduro is claiming election fraud and has begun arresting people.

Corruption in Brazil did not begin with Dilma.it was and still is endemic there.

But they fully embraced it. Oh man, how they embraced it. The party that was ready to crucify everyone and anyone for the slightest accusation of wrong doing. The party who always painted themselves as the paladins of honesty and righteousness is now found eyeballs deep in the largest corruption scandal since Brazil became the seat of the Portuguese Empire, in 1810.

Why is she responsible for the"petrolao"?

Because she was the chairwoman of the board when it happened? because most of the executives involved were appointed either by her or her predecessor, Lula?

More corrupt officials have been tried and imprisioned in Brazil in the last 2 years than ever before.Even Oderbrecht

By no merit of her. This is the result of the 1988 Constitution, that created a truly independent judiciary, created the TCU, who audits all public finances, and created mechanisms that completely prevented judges, auditors, prosecutors and police chiefs from being politically appointed. Now that all pre-1988 politically appointed judiciary old guard has been retired, the hammer is coming down, hard. And hopefully soon, it will be her and Lula who will be on camera wearing orange jumpsuits.
The "nice Japanese policeman" is coming for them.

japones04-12jpg.jpg

Camberiu:
In yesterday's La Nacion Dec.14,'15 There was an article by Aloysio Nunes Ferreira a Social democratic senator from Sao Paulo explaining the legitimacy of the impeachment drive against Dilma. He states that to a foreign public it could sound some what extreme to request her impeachment for "una fechoria" the Spanish word used.In English that would be a " transgression or a fault " but,unfortunately,that is the law.I don't know:I think there are a growing number of foreigners,like myself, and Brazilians too who are beginning to think it is an exagreation.

Could be. But the impeachment process is above anything, a political trial. And when you have an approval rate in the single digits, and lower than you nation's inflation, your claim to power, even after a "transgression", becomes very hard to sustain.

I wonder in what areas of Brazil and among what income levels these opinion polls were taken.Portuguese colonial mercantilism left a huge time bomb of racial and social exclusion that was left festering until Cardoso.The vestibular system of university entrance was nothing short of educational apartheid until Dilma's university entrance law.One of the few things I agree with Paul Krugman on is that a country is not a business.it is an amalgamation of different socio-economic and ethnic groups.
Years ago I remember there were rumors that Sao Paulo and other states in southern Brazil wanted to seceed and form their own republic.They were the locomotive that pulled Brazil.OK.I am a foreigner but I admire Brazil and I wouldn't like to see them make a mistake they could later greatly regret.That is all.

Back