Venezuelan Elections.

I wonder in what areas of Brazil and among what income levels these opinion polls were taken.Portuguese colonial mercantilism left a huge time bomb of racial and social exclusion that was left festering until Cardoso.

Not true at all. Social indicators have been improving dramatically since the 1950s. Life expectancy in Brazil n 1960 was 65 years. By 1980, it had jumped to 64 years. Child mortality rate under 5 was 174 per 1,000 in 1960s. It had plunged to 95 per 1,000 by 1980.

Social inclusion in Brazil is an ongoing process that started long ago, and is the achievement of no particular politician or party.

As an outside educational observer,I would think that social mobility, a key element in scial inclusion in Brazil, began to move some what more quickly in the last 25 to 30 years and was given a just and internationally acclaimed legal boost by Dilma's Affirmative Action Law for Universities in 2012.
As late as 1996 the educational situation there was still quite complicated. Please see:,Inter-American Bank Study,".Brazil-An Opportunity Forgone."
Free and accessible education including university is paramount in the social inclusion of any country even more so in the 21 century.

Dilma and her party are politically dead. She has single digit approvals nationwide, even in the poorest areas. That is why she has no Congressional support, because every lawmaker is distancing himself/herself from her, as she is now considered toxic. So, no, the surveys are not biased.

As an outside educational observer,I would think that social mobility, a key element in scial inclusion in Brazil, began to move some what more quickly in the last 25 to 30 years and was given a just and internationally acclaimed legal boost by Dilma's Affirmative Action Law for Universities in 2012.

That impression is an incorrect perception of the country. Brazil went through several spikes in social mobility since world war II. My family, in particular, which was of very humble origins (my grandmother was a semi-illiterate seamstress in the poor north) was catapulted into the middle class during the "economic miracle" of the 1970s. So did millions of other families.

Brazil's fight against poverty is a long one, and has been and continues to be won in incremental steps. It the result of decades of well intention but ill conceived attempts, half-hearted policies, local community actions, broad economic growth, etc....Illiteracy, child mortality, malnutrition, life expectancy, access to healthcare, those are all indicators that have consistently been improving for over 50 years and are NOT the results of some policy implemented 8 years ago. Past governments from the left and the right, and even the evil military dictatorship and yes, Dilma's too, all played a hand on those improvements. Some more than others, but they all played a part on that.

This idea that one and only one government came and "helped the poor" is BS, wishful thinking, South American clientelism or a combination of all of these.

I am not saying that Dilma's gov't was the one and only gov't that "helped the poor".What I am saying is that she implemented the Affirmative Action for Universities Law which was key in securing upward social mobility in Brazil which is absolutely necessary for any social progress in the 21 century
If the impeachment drive reaches the Brazilian Congress, we will then see how "politically dead" she really is.

Back