Vent/Rant

nyer4ever

Registered
Before coming to BsAs I was in Rio for over a year so I'm accustomed to how things move to a different drum and definitely realize that I'm not in the US anymore and have accepted that there's certain things I just must do without.

I've been very patient and accepting.

HOWEVER ... I may be at a breaking point right now.

Waiting on a replacement ATM card, which my darling mother sent Priority Mail which only tracks to a point. I go online to the Correo's site to see if I can track it here with the customs number ...nada. In Brazil, their correo can track this number, but apparently this isn't the case here.

Scrambling to think how I can pay the deposit/rent for my new apartment I have an "AHA" moment and think of Paypal ... Why is it that Lesotho, Qatar and Slovakia have access to Paypal but NOT Argentina. Seriously, where the heck am I living right now? Paypal trusts ALBANIA more than Argentina ...
A L B A N I A!

The envelope was sent from NY on the 29th and should (have) arrive(d) here 6-10 business days later. But I'm doing something I never do, which is freak out and think that the post office is just flinging mail that they don't feel like delivering into a massive pile along the border of Bolivia which at some point they will set ablaze to keep the Bolivians out ... because that is where all the mystery mail MUST be disappearing too. Oh and the mail is being tossed over mates shared harmoniously with the coworkers.

Going to smoke a cigarette and meditate ... not sure of the order or maybe I do a 2for1.:mad:

I'm sorry you didn't know that ATM cards and important docs should always be sent DHL, FedEx or UPS. I have used all three and prefer FedEx (UPS opened the "envelope" but Fed Ex didn't).

credit card and critical Docunents should really only be sent by courier..to not do so is asking for this kind of trouble...on the other hand do not give up hope yet...it can take easy 40 to 60 days at times for things to arrive here,,,as for paypal
I have paypal and live here and have it connected to an argentine credit card no problem

Steve, I know it should have gone through a courier ... can't be mad at a senior citizen for trying to help ... Mom thought the days of "lost" mail would be over now that I've left the gun laden jungle (Rio) and entered civilization (Buenos Aires).

Kevin, good to know ... on the Paypal site they DON'T give an option for Argentina but I guess you can open an account anyway if you have one. I'll beg the new roommate to open an account if it's not here by Friday.

I'll stop venting ... for now.

the only way for people in Argentina to get money out of paypal is to request a cheque to be sent and this isn't cheap.

Its easy enough to put money into paypal though.

My parents sent me a replacement card through the US post office and it got to BA in less than a week. I do not know if it was priority or not. They sealed the new visa inside of a greeting card so it just looked like someone sending a birthday card or something.

va2ba said:
My parents sent me a replacement card through the US post office and it got to BA in less than a week. I do not know if it was priority or not. They sealed the new visa inside of a greeting card so it just looked like someone sending a birthday card or something.

Gives me hope ... maybe because of all the holidays last week it was delayed.

Steve, I know it should have gone through a courier ... can't be mad at a senior citizen for trying to help ...

where does the senior citizen stuff come in here? WTF !!!

mariposa said:
where does the senior citizen stuff come in here? WTF !!!

I think he was referring to his mother. ;)

I have seven weeks to go before I join that club (well, become a junior member). :eek:

steveinbsas said:
I think he was referring to his mother. ;)

I won't go all Women's Lib on you, just curious...what did I write to make you assume that I'm male? (I'm not)

Happy early birthday btw

Back