VeriFLY vale la pena!

mmoon

Registered
Heading to the US from EZE on American and used VeriFLY app for the first time. Wow, what a difference. It took a little time to upload everything, but at the airport there was a separate VeriFLY check in area with no line and only had to show passports. Also, we could check in online, very nice. Definitely recommended.

Heading to the US from EZE on American and used VeriFLY app for the first time. Wow, what a difference. It took a little time to upload everything, but at the airport there was a separate VeriFLY check in area with no line and only had to show passports. Also, we could check in online, very nice. Definitely recommended.
Yup I used it in May 2021. It saved you a lot of time

I'm not surprised more airlines are turning to this, I was reading the following article in La Nación today about the people here photoshopping their PCR testers either because they take a long time, are expensive, or, in the case of multiple people, they have COVID but don't want to isolate:

Many governments, as the article outlines, outsources confirming the veracity of these documents to the airlines, and just like I'm sure it's happening in the US, there's no shortages of the following here:

Julián, a 27-year-old who lives in Vicente López and preferred not to give his last name, traveled to Peru, along with two friends for New Years. “When we arrived in Lima from Máncora to return to Buenos Aires, we realized that we did not have the PCR. So, since the tests take a while, we were going to miss the flight. The only solution we found was to photshop a PCR certificate with a PDF editor," he said... "When we arrived in Argentina they didn't ask us for anything," he added. Already in Buenos Aires, Julián tested to be able to see his family and the result was positive."

Until we have electronic health passes like they do in Europe, it will continue to be easy to falsify paper documents. Plus, the current challenge of getting fast Covid tests I’m sure makes people cut corners. I can’t imagine doing that and putting others at risk, especially older people and especially just to take a vacation. We were lucky to have at-home Binax Ag Card tests that we brought from the US that we took here in Argentina with a video proctor. Fast, easy. They gave us a QR code for verification, but no one asked for it at Ezeiza. However, I assume that was all confirmed by VeriFLY when they reviewed our docs. Whatever the system, it’s a huge time and stress saver.

Does this differ from united"s travel rwadiness center where they verify the test prior to arrival? Never heard of verifly

On your encouraging report I went to the VeriFly website. Not to throw any shade, at all, but your experience is way ahead of any information they offer there. No indication of Argentina in their American Airlines information. One would hope they catch themselves up and grow the service.

Does this differ from united"s travel rwadiness center where they verify the test prior to arrival? Never heard of verifly
same concept, just AA makes you use a separate app to do it. which I don't like honestly..

On your encouraging report I went to the VeriFly website. Not to throw any shade, at all, but your experience is way ahead of any information they offer there. No indication of Argentina in their American Airlines information. One would hope they catch themselves up and grow the service.

Yes, I noticed too that you can't use Verifly to arrive into Argentina. I used it to fly from Argentina to the US. They have a list of countries that accept it on the app, many of them in South America. Hopefully, Argentina will be added soon, since our check in for BA was a pain.

They probably have to find a way to make it rely on the government approval in some fashion before it will work in Argentina. Like a nurse and his/her assistant have to review the paperwork. and then an escribana has to certify the results and a fee of 350 pesos to the government must be paid and to do that you have to walk to a separate building and pay the person in the caja after getting through 3 security guards who need an entire cleaning staff and union representation to function.

They probably have to find a way to make it rely on the government approval in some fashion before it will work in Argentina. Like a nurse and his/her assistant have to review the paperwork. and then an escribana has to certify the results and a fee of 350 pesos to the government must be paid and to do that you have to walk to a separate building and pay the person in the caja after getting through 3 security guards who need an entire cleaning staff and union representation to function.

Don’t forget it will have to be apostilled with a stamp, signature and a sticker. And somehow you’ll have to do it all at Migraciones.

Back