Vidal buys half-million dollar condo in Recoleta's "La Isla" luxury zone.

Redpossum

Registered

I'll have to leave you to run it through Google Translate yourselves; when I try to paste that link into this forum, it doesn't work.

Basically, Vidal declared her savings at 3 million pesos in her 2018 affidavit, but somehow now has the money to splash out half a million dollars for a luxury condo.
There is, undeniably, a certain irony to this story, given that Cristina describes Vidal's new digs as "equal to mine". Then again, just because it's the pot calling the kettle black, doesn't mean the kettle isn't black...

Basically, Vidal declared her savings at 3 million pesos in her 2018 affidavit, but somehow now has the money to splash out half a million dollars for a luxury condo. There is, undeniably, a certain irony to this story, given that Cristina describes Vidal's new digs as "equal to mine". Then again, just because it's the pot calling the kettle black, doesn't mean the kettle isn't black...
10 Sept 2021
Vidal spoke about her apartment in Recoleta and answered Cristina Kirchner: "I have no problem explaining how I bought it"....
....the former governor of the province of BA and candidate for national deputy of Juntos por el Cambio, replied, in statements to Radio Rivadavia. "I sold my previous house when I got divorced and I kept half of the funds. I also kept half of the funds from the car. I applied those funds to pay half of the apartment in which I live and the other half I am paying with a mortgage for ten years and in installments," Vidal summed up....She also remarked that the property has appeared in her sworn statement for two years....

....In addition, she stressed that the vice president echoed an article published by journalist Horacio Verbitsky. "They question how I have the only thing I have, which is my house," she defended herself....“That's all I have and I can explain it, I can prove it. I don't have anything else to explain because I don't have accounts abroad, I don't have safe deposit boxes with dollars saved, I don't have bags to explain, I don't have hotels or other properties. Politics did not make me rich", remarked Vidal...."We are not all the same and that is what bothers them. It bothers them what they cannot explain, why this vice president has several causes of corruption that she has yet to explain," she pointed out.

Last edited:
[...] just because it's the pot calling the kettle black, doesn't mean the kettle isn't black...
You put that very well, I have to say. Vidal isn't in quite the same league as a certain famous Avon lady who amassed $4 billion from selling cosmetics door to door, but I think she's well on her way :cool:

Edited to say, who can get a mortgage here?

Edited to say, who can get a mortgage here?
January 29, 2021
In 2021, what are the best banks for mortgage credit in Argentina?
Banks........................Monthly Pymt...........Financing
Banco Hipotecario.... AR$19.982,02......... 80%
Banco Ciudad...........AR$31.847,84...........75%
Banco Credicoop......AR$35.653,63...........70%
BBVA........................ AR$49.492,79..........75%

Only for CABA and GBA North Zone. Non-bank mortgage loans in U$S. Buying a New or Used Property. Up to 50% of the value of the property.

Last edited:
10 Sept 2021
Vidal spoke about her apartment in Recoleta and answered Cristina Kirchner: "I have no problem explaining how I bought it"....
....the former governor of the province of BA and candidate for national deputy of Juntos por el Cambio, replied, in statements to Radio Rivadavia. "I sold my previous house when I got divorced and I kept half of the funds. I also kept half of the funds from the car. I applied those funds to pay half of the apartment in which I live and the other half I am paying with a mortgage for ten years and in installments," Vidal summed up....She also remarked that the property has appeared in her sworn statement for two years....

....In addition, she stressed that the vice president echoed an article published by journalist Horacio Verbitsky. "They question how I have the only thing I have, which is my house," she defended herself....“That's all I have and I can explain it, I can prove it. I don't have anything else to explain because I don't have accounts abroad, I don't have safe deposit boxes with dollars saved, I don't have bags to explain, I don't have hotels or other properties. Politics did not make me rich", remarked Vidal...."We are not all the same and that is what bothers them. It bothers them what they cannot explain, why this vice president has several causes of corruption that she has yet to explain," she pointed out.
Barack_Obama_drops_the_mic.gif

Fernando Iglesias Is another Juntos por el Cargo member who miraculously saw his wealth sky rocket during the Macri regime.

Possibly a more realistic assessment of the mortgage situation is to be found in "El sueño imposible del crédito hipotecario", https://www.pagina12.com.ar/367462-el-sueno-imposible-del-credito-hipotecario?ampOptimize=1

Some quotes: "Currently, only three banks offer UVA mortgage loans: El Nación, El Hipotecario and Banco Macro. El Nación has the most advantageous conditions, since it has a 30-year repayment term, a maximum allowable of almost 12 million pesos and an annual nominal interest rate of 13 percent, to which corresponds to add the variation of the UVA".

"Conventional lines are offered by the City, Province, BBVA and Credicoop. The entity with the highest mortgage amount is the Province, with 24 million pesos and a variable annual nominal rate of 25%.

In the particular case of Vidal, apparently she got $160,000 from the sale of her house in Moron, and took a 10 year mortgage to pay for the apartment in Recoleta (and also apparently paid $100,000 in renovations). The repayment costs would be at the very least around $3000 per month, a heavy burden for someone who I understand has been unemployed for the past two years. The numbers simply don't add up (unless she sells Avon on the side).

Possibly a more realistic assessment of the mortgage situation is to be found in "El sueño imposible del crédito hipotecario", https://www.pagina12.com.ar/367462-el-sueno-imposible-del-credito-hipotecario?ampOptimize=1

Some quotes: "Currently, only three banks offer UVA mortgage loans: El Nación, El Hipotecario and Banco Macro. El Nación has the most advantageous conditions, since it has a 30-year repayment term, a maximum allowable of almost 12 million pesos and an annual nominal interest rate of 13 percent, to which corresponds to add the variation of the UVA".

"Conventional lines are offered by the City, Province, BBVA and Credicoop. The entity with the highest mortgage amount is the Province, with 24 million pesos and a variable annual nominal rate of 25%.

In the particular case of Vidal, apparently she got $160,000 from the sale of her house in Moron, and took a 10 year mortgage to pay for the apartment in Recoleta (and also apparently paid $100,000 in renovations). The repayment costs would be at the very least around $3000 per month, a heavy burden for someone who I understand has been unemployed for the past two years. The numbers simply don't add up (unless she sells Avon on the side).

Of course the numbers don't add up, that is why she desperately tried deflecting the issue to Cristina's finances and the phony "armado" charges against her. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

I'm not surprised that Vidal is corrupt; she is a politician, after all. I am just disappointed in her for being so indiscrete as to flaunt her ill-gotten gains in such an obvious manner. For half of that 500K, she could have bought a place in Puerto Madero or even a "country" in Zona Norte and been out of the spotlight. And then she could have used the rest to buy a couple of income properties in the nicer part of Palermo. There's no sense giving your enemies ammunition with which to shoot at you.

Then again, I am just an old Yanqui, and I don't understand these things. Perhaps the prestige of living in La Isla is essential to her political ambitions.

Back