Virtual Banco here - Wilobank

Neil

Registered
Wilobank operates here with no physical presence, all on-line! Using link & Banelco ATM's to deposit/withdraw cash in pesos!

Prerequisite: DNI only

MasterCard debit + secured MasterCard creditcard
Approved by BCRA , and you get a CBU # for the account enabling external transfers vi Transferwise.

I've tried it, works great!

Wilobank operates here with no physical presence, all on-line! Using link & Banelco ATM's to deposit/withdraw cash in pesos!

Prerequisite: DNI only

MasterCard debit + secured MasterCard creditcard
Approved by BCRA , and you get a CBU # for the account enabling external transfers vi Transferwise.

I've tried it, works great!
Can you provide a little review.

My understanding has been the app that you must use to bank with this company is awful. Many users complaining that they are unable to make payments because of the inconsistent performance of the app and then being charged interest for late payments. Can you tell us your general opinion of the service and what it offers that a standard bank does not?

Their competitor es https://www.brubank.com/.

The wilo account creation process is a little buggy, but it works if you keep at it. The actual banking app is a different app than the one you use to create an account. That works just fine. No problems. The debit card is a mastercard though.

Brubank is supposed to be a visa card, but i couldn't get past the registration process, so i didn't bother.

Tested:

Deposits/withdrawls work through banco cuidad ATM 's
App updated balances instantly.
Debit card works fine.
Credit card not used yet.
Zero cost for acct. Maint. Compared to 300-500 per month with regular arg. Bank
Transferwise not tested yet.

Last edited:
Update: Wilobank only works with national (within arg.) Transfers now trying Brubank another virtual bank here...

Brubank, same problem no Intl. Transfers....

Hi Neil,

What exactly are you looking for? "International wire transfer" section in online banking app?

Do you know any local brick and mortar bank that can send an international wire without your physical presence?

My issue is inbound,with these virtual banks,the brick and mortar work fine!Sending is a problem these days..

Back