Visa and Citizenship clarifications

I just read through that whole thread. It kind of makes you lose hope lol. It seems like even if you have everything put together well and have a lawyer in Argentina that you're likely to just get someone at immigration who isn't very knowledgeable of the visa. And then you'll be delayed into eternity while continuing to just receive the 90 extension. But according to your response to #2, that wouldn't matter because I was legally in the country all of that time and therefore I could still apply for citizenship and a passport after two years even if I don't have the visa. Is that an accurate statement?

I just read through that whole thread. It kind of makes you lose hope lol. It seems like even if you have everything put together well and have a lawyer in Argentina that you're likely to just get someone at immigration who isn't very knowledgeable of the visa. And then you'll be delayed into eternity while continuing to just receive the 90 extension. But according to your response to #2, that wouldn't matter because I was legally in the country all of that time and therefore I could still apply for citizenship and a passport after two years even if I don't have the visa. Is that an accurate statement?

There are more threads. You will easily spend days reading jaja/ Check what Steve in BA has shared previous across the forum I think he has talked extensively on the issue.
Unfortunately, the precaria does not count toward the 2 year residency for citizenship.

On a side note, when did the peso in Argentina crash so hard? From what I am reading, that 30000 ARS use to be around 2000 USD per month. Now it is less than 400 USD.

Why you are interested in rentista visa in the first place? Why would anyone really? You can get a student reseidence by going to school, any really, tango school, Spanish school,name it. you can even learn for free(in governmental insistutions, many of them are in big cities only thought) and get residence based on that. Nobody will care how are you visiting the lessons etc, just sign up for smthg

Other option is to give birth to a child or marry here and no need to wait 2years.

My main issue with a student visa is that I absolutely cannot go to school in the daytime because of my work. I work on US Eastern Time Zone. Are there night schools that qualify for the visa and also recognized as an official institution by the government?

Despite being married to an Argentine and living here for 14 years I've never given getting an Argentine passport a thought. As far as I know I don't think having one will be of any benefit at all.

Despite being married to an Argentine and living here for 14 years I've never given getting an Argentine passport a thought. As far as I know I don't think having one will be of any benefit at all.
....As of 2 July 2019, Argentine citizens had visa-free or visa on arrival access to 170 countries and territories ranking the Argentine passport 17th in terms of travel freedom according to the Henley Passport Index.[1]....

Seems like there is less info on the student visa here. There question that I can't seem to find an answer for is how much time per week do you need to be in school to get approved.

I don't think having one will be of any benefit at all.

permanent residency in Argentina is forfeited if you spend 2 years outside of Argentina.
Citizenship is forever.

Another perk is that Argentine citizen has right to live and work anywhere in Mercosur without extra hassle.
No such right for a non-citizen.

Why you are interested in rentista visa in the first place? Why would anyone really? You can get a student reseidence by going to school, any really, tango school, Spanish school,name it. you can even learn for free(in governmental insistutions, many of them are in big cities only thought) and get residence based on that. Nobody will care how are you visiting the lessons etc, just sign up for smthg

Other option is to give birth to a child or marry here and no need to wait 2years.
They are all closed.

Back