Visa and Citizenship clarifications

you re not even in Argentina dude. what are you talking about? get a visa at the embassy...
Who gets a visa at the embassy before going to Argentina? I know pandemic and all. But afterwards.... who gets a visa at the embassy before going to Argentina?

you re not even in Argentina dude. what are you talking about? get a visa at the embassy...

For the student visa, I was under the impression that you had to apply for that after arriving in Argentina. I spoke with a couple universities and that was the impression I got. For the rentista... I guess I could apply for that one from an outside embassy.

For the student visa, I was under the impression that you had to apply for that after arriving in Argentina. I spoke with a couple universities and that was the impression I got. For the rentista... I guess I could apply for that one from an outside embassy.
I asked today at Immigration and they were clueless about what to do with student visas.

They won’t start the process because no one there knows how to deal with the family visa.
You just go round in circles through the canal único de comunicación they just keep telling me I need to go through RADEX which is totally incorrect.
I went down to migraciones the other day to try to find someone who knew what to do, after again going round in circles finally got to someone who seemed to know what was needed. She said I need to ask for a cita for DNI por acto consular through canal único de comunicación. I Did that and got a copy and paste answer that I needed to go through RADEX!!

I just gave up now and have paid a lawyer to do it. It seems that if you don’t have the email address of the correct person in DNM you can’t actually do it.

They won’t start the process because no one there knows how to deal with the family visa.
You just go round in circles through the canal único de comunicación they just keep telling me I need to go through RADEX which is totally incorrect.
I went down to migraciones the other day to try to find someone who knew what to do, after again going round in circles finally got to someone who seemed to know what was needed. She said I need to ask for a cita for DNI por acto consular through canal único de comunicación. I Did that and got a copy and paste answer that I needed to go through RADEX!!

I just gave up now and have paid a lawyer to do it. It seems that if you don’t have the email address of the correct person in DNM you can’t actually do it.

Here's the solution. Have someone compose a nice formal message/letter in Spanish explaining the situation including your visa number etc. send it via TWITTER as a message. Send it on Wednesday early morning. Leave a cell phone number to be contacted. You will get a response or someone will call you likely that same day. Good luck/

Back