Visa Application Question

Forgive me if i´m being obtuse, but i don´t see a simple answer to the question ´HOW do you prove your income for the rentista visa?´

If anybody has done this recently and can tell me exactly the type of documents and in what format they are needed I would be very grateful.

Migraciones states you need a letter by a government, international organization or business that certifies you recieve a legal, regular and permanent income from abroad. I rent out my apartment in Canada and have $xxxx deposited into my account each month, but how can i PROVE this? I could give Migraciones copies of my past bank statements, but that doesn´t prove it will be permanent. In fact the bank has no idea of the origin of the funds or how long they will last. I could provide a copy of my rental contract but that is not certified by a government, international organization or business. In fact, a government, international organization or business doesn´t have anything to do with anything. They say a letter from a CPA will not suffice. I´m really not sure what documents I can come up with that will prove this income. Help?

I'm not sure what a CPA is but I knew someone a while back who got a visa rentista based on rental income from a home abroad. If I remember rightly, they had a rental contract and a letter from the rental agent - Given that the rentista visa is for 1-year, I would think that a rental contract (thus "proving" this income for a year) would suffice. If in doubt, a lot of people mention the lawyer Gabriel Celano on this forum...or immigrations themselves have an "informes" section.

maggiengrace said:
Forgive me if i´m being obtuse, but i don´t see a simple answer to the question ´HOW do you prove your income for the rentista visa?´

If anybody has done this recently and can tell me exactly the type of documents and in what format they are needed I would be very grateful.

Migraciones states you need a letter by a government, international organization or business that certifies you recieve a legal, regular and permanent income from abroad. I rent out my apartment in Canada and have $xxxx deposited into my account each month, but how can i PROVE this? I could give Migraciones copies of my past bank statements, but that doesn´t prove it will be permanent. In fact the bank has no idea of the origin of the funds or how long they will last. I could provide a copy of my rental contract but that is not certified by a government, international organization or business. In fact, a government, international organization or business doesn´t have anything to do with anything. They say a letter from a CPA will not suffice. I´m really not sure what documents I can come up with that will prove this income. Help?

Ashley said:
I'm not sure what a CPA is but I knew someone a while back who got a visa rentista based on rental income from a home abroad. If I remember rightly, they had a rental contract and a letter from the rental agent - Given that the rentista visa is for 1-year, I would think that a rental contract (thus "proving" this income for a year) would suffice. If in doubt, a lot of people mention the lawyer Gabriel Celano on this forum...or immigrations themselves have an "informes" section.

CPA = Certified public accountant.

I believe someone else recently posted that migraciones turned down their visa rentista application based on rental income. Ironically, the word rentista does not translate to income from rentals. Nonetheless, I believe that one of the "attorneys" who offers immigration services for a fee posted that he could get MrBart the visa rentista based on rental income. That was about two years ago.

I'm not sure if MrBart ever got the visa or ever came to Argentina.

The cost of having an attorney or agency help with the visa application can vary greatly...from just over $1,000 to $4,000 U$D.

maggiengrace said:

In fact, you've sort of hit the nail on the head why rental income in not normally considered for the visa rentista, it's not permanent. Look at Steveinbsas posts. He has described several times the exact way to get the visa rentista.

Someone who owns income properties abroad may indeed be able to get a visa rentista here, but they would have to have some kind of management company (a paper shell at the least) set up and receive "investment" income while they are living in Argentina. It is far more difficult to get the visa based on rental income from one property, but with the right lawyer it might be possible.

The question to ask is "Is it worth it?"

Overstaying a tourist visa only entails paying a fee of $300 pesos when you finally leave the country...and you can still return the same day.

Back