Visa extension in BA

Patrick2006

Registered
Hi everyone
I am in BA.
My tourist visa has been expired for few. I think I will stay 80-90 days?
Since I don't speak Spanish, where can I do the extension right now?
What's the grace period to do that?

Thanks a lot!

My tourist visa has been expired for few. I think I will stay 80-90 days? Since I don't speak Spanish, where can I do the extension right now? What's the grace period to do that?

If you read your own post, you will see that you did not indicate how long it has been since your "tourist visa" expired.

If your 90 day entry permit has expired, there is a 30 day grace period during which you can ask for a prorroga de permanencia (extension of stay) at the office of migraciones in Retiro. Last time I checked the fee was $2700 pesos if paid prior to expiration. A 50% penalty.will be added to that.

If it has been more than 30 days, you will not be able to get the extension and you'll just have to pay the fee when you leave (with one "overstay "recorded in the system), but if you go to migraciones and pay the appropriate fee, as far as I know, you will simply have asked for and received a prorroga.

If you actually had a tourist visa (issued by an Argentine Consulate in anther country) that has expired, I don't think you will be able to extend it.

Even though you don't speak Spanish, you will really impress the folks at migraciones if you (at least try to) ask for the prorroga de permanencia in Spanish.

Someone might tell you to overstay and pay the fees at the airport, but I don't recommend doing that.

If you read your own post, you will see that you did not indicate how long it has been since your "tourist visa" expired.

If your 90 day entry permit has expired, there is a 30 day grace period during which you can ask for a prorroga de permanencia (extension of stay) at the office of migraciones in Retiro. Last time I checked the fee was $2700 pesos if paid prior to expiration. A 50% penalty.will be added to that.

If it has been more than 30 days, you will not be able to get the extension and you'll just have to pay the fee when you leave (with one "overstay "recorded in the system), but if you go to migraciones and pay the appropriate fee, as far as I know, you will simply have asked for and received a prorroga.

If you actually had a tourist visa (issued by an Argentine Consulate in anther country) that has expired, I don't think you will be able to extend it.

Even though you don't speak Spanish, you will really impress the folks at migraciones if you (at least try to) ask for the prorroga de permanencia in Spanish.

Someone might tell you to overstay and pay the fees at the airport, but I don't recommend doing that.

Yes. Some people told me to do that. But I think will do the extension, and I am visa-free to enter Argentina.
I am going to do that at the HQ. Do you know which floor to do that? And is that possible to finish it in one day?

Thanks a lot.

Yes. Some people told me to do that. But I think will do the extension, and I am visa-free to enter Argentina.
I am going to do that at the HQ. Do you know which floor to do that? And is that possible to finish it in one day?

Thanks a lot.
It's been more than 13 years since I received a prorroga and I believe it's now done in a different building (probably on the ground floor).

I'm sure it still can be done in less than one day (perhaps in two or three hours). I suggest you go early in any case.

It's been more than 13 years since I received a prorroga and I believe it's now done in a different building (probably on the ground floor).

I'm sure it still can be done in less than one day (perhaps in two or three hours). I suggest you go early in any case.
thanks a lot.
Btw, do I need a proof of Address?

Thanks again.

I have been here for couple years now. One time I went to Uruguay for a day and came back and got another 90 days of tourist visa. Left the country before 90 day and stayed abroad for couple months and came back to Argentina and got another 90 day visa. I overstayed for almost two years and paid the fine and went out of the country for a few weeks and came back and got another 90 days of tourist visa.

Back