visa temporaria / DNI

katti said:
We went to the embassy where they said everything is OK, the letters in closed envelopes had the official permission to give the temporary resident visa, all the embassy has to do now is do the administrative part : they took our fingerprints, put all our info in the computer,made us pay 100€ pp :)eek:) and next week we will get our passports back.

The charge at migraciones for a visa in Argentina is 600 pesos. The cost for the penales antecedentes report (which includes your fingerprints) is about 50 pesos. No one ever asked for an additional fee when I applied for (and received) my visa in Argentina. What kind of receipt did you receive fo the 100€ pp that you paid at the embassy?

I understand you originally applied for your visas in Argentina, but then returned to Belgium. Was this required by migraciones to complete the process? Do you have to go to migraciones when you return to Argentina or did they tell you to proceed to the registro to apply for the DNIs?

the receipt says " received for the visa of ... 400€"; I don't know if we paid migraciones in Argentina as our lawyer arranged everything, I suppose he will just put it on his invoice.

We followed the "normal" procedure, it is an Argentine law firm in connection with a Belgian one that organised all (I suppose it is an american law firm : Price waterhouse), so I suppose it is the way it has to be done.

I don't think I have to go back to Migraciones in BA, but I will know for sure when I pick up my passports next week. I will let you know.

I am sure I have to go to the Belgian embassy in Argentina.

I finally have my visa.
I received a big envelope full of documents from the Argentine embassy in Brussels.
A big stamp in my pasport (visa) and a paper saying "permiso de ingreso".
I also received 2 closed envelopes per person : one saying "a retirar por las autoridades migratorias con destino al RNP", and the other one "con destino a la oficina seccional identificatoria".
The woman told me to give these documents to the costums when arriving in EZE. She said we don't have to go back to Migraciones, but then she also said that we will now receive our DNI, "automaticaly"(which seems improbable to me), so I just wait and see what they say at EZE....
to be continued...

Well done...I know the pain, as i am also going through this process. It has been about 6 months for me. I have my interview with the consulate next week. My flight is booked for early Oct to be in BA.

katti said:
They said we can book our ticket now :) : with A LOT of patience we will finally get there!! Just in time for spring...

Sounds like everything is in order. However, it doesn’t feel like Spring in BA today. Actually, Spring appeared a couple of weeks ago, then went away, maybe a visa problem.;)

I am a US citizen in the process of getting my work visa and then DNI... does anyone know if once I get my DNI, I still need a visa to travel to Brazil?

If you are a U.S. citizen and an Argentine Permanent Resident, you still need a visa to travel to Brazil. The good news is the visa will be valid for 5 years instead of 30 days.

I am now in Argentina. We passed the costums with our pasports and all our (sealed) envelopes. We expected it to take ages. We have never been out or the airport this fast. Everything went very smoothly. They didn't even ask questions about our luggage (2 big pieces per person). We have now an official "12 months" stamp in our pasports.
We still have 1 envelope per person (for the DNI) and we must go to the Belgian embassy as we are "unregistered" in Belgium, but that is a Belgian-national formality.
Now a rush until the kids are finally in school (on monday) and then we can start breathing again.
thanks for your help

I'm pleased to know that you and your family arrived safely, "katti" -- congratulations! And do keep posting.

Back