Working with a Spouse Visa (Temporaria)

Slopey

Registered
Apologies if this has been covered, but I've already burned up the search button with a variety of clever keywords and come up with nothing.

There's a company interested in hiring me, but it was taking them months to process my work visa (I think they've just finished registering at Renure after some 4 months) so I went ahead and got my residency as a wife instead of waiting for them. Now that I've got residencia temporaria, and can get a DNI and CUIL, am I legally allowed to work with just that, or do I have to change my visa / do some extra tramites?

I know that you can't work on a dependent visa in most countries, but I've been told that in Argentina, once you're a resident, it doesn't matter how exactly you qualified for the residency.

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on it for me. The company is finding out as well, but they work on Argentine time ;)

Thanks!

Slopey said:
Apologies if this has been covered, but I've already burned up the search button with a variety of clever keywords and come up with nothing.

There's a company interested in hiring me, but it was taking them months to process my work visa (I think they've just finished registering at Renure after some 4 months) so I went ahead and got my residency as a wife instead of waiting for them. Now that I've got residencia temporaria, and can get a DNI and CUIL, am I legally allowed to work with just that, or do I have to change my visa / do some extra tramites?

I know that you can't work on a dependent visa in most countries, but I've been told that in Argentina, once you're a resident, it doesn't matter how exactly you qualified for the residency.

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on it for me. The company is finding out as well, but they work on Argentine time ;)

Thanks!

If you can get a DNI and CUIL, you can work. It doesn't matter how you got to that stage.

Slopey said:
Fantastic, thanks!

No Problem. CUIL is for taxation purposes so that should be pretty straight forward for your company to figure out. But like you said, I guess they work on Argentine time.

For the CUIL, I've been told that I just have to go over to Anses with my residency visa and a couple of passport photocopies. Looks like an easy process.

Should be easy and yes, you are good to go to work with your residency, no need for them to have to do the pre-contrato, etc.

mjackson1946 said:
What is this temporary visa for spouses. I´m very interested?

Anyone who is married to someone with a temporary resident visa can apply for a temporary resident visa, too...without having to be independently qualified for one. They still have to submit the criminal reports: one from all countries lived in for a full year or more in the past three as well as the Argentine penales antecedents. They would also need the marriage certificate with the Apostille (with a legalized translation).

Back