Visiting BA in October

skaderali

Registered
Hello,
We are looking for a good Guest House or Boutique Hotel to stay in when we come. Does anyone have suggestions? Hotel Carlosvia is highly recommended in Tripadvisor.com.....does anyone know it and is the location convenient? Any other suggestions for a first time visitor?
Many thanks for your help.
Shiraz

I love the Carlosvia and stay there everytime I am in Buenos Aires. It is a great boutique hotel at a good price. The owners are great and speak English and so do their staff. The website pictures are exactly what the hotel looks like - there are no surprises.

The hotel is in an area called Abasto, an original tango area with an underground and street named after the famous tango singer Carlos Cardel. It is full of tango shops and tango classes. It is still a local area, not too many tourists. The great thing about the hotel is that it is behind the Abasto Shopping Mall, so you have everything too hand, including many restaurants, especially Peruvian, shops, cinemas, buses, underground and taxis are plenty.

It takes me about 30 minutes to walk to Recoleta.

Regards

Michelle

Personally, I'd avoid Abasto.

Home Hotel is beautiful and in a great location in Palermo, & Tailor Made in Las Canitas gets really good reviews.

Salaam

Im also planning visiting BA in October. First time to South America. Have you been to BA before?

Please mail me at [email protected]

Himmy

skaderali said:
Hello,
We are looking for a good Guest House or Boutique Hotel to stay in when we come. Does anyone have suggestions? Hotel Carlosvia is highly recommended in Tripadvisor.com.....does anyone know it and is the location convenient? Any other suggestions for a first time visitor?
Many thanks for your help.
Shiraz

I would avoid Abasto unless you are very familiar with Buenos Aires.

I would suggest the Melia Recoleta Boutique Hotel on Posadas 1557. It is in a fabulous location. And, quite nice. Check it out.

Try going independent, skaderal. You can find incredible furnished flats - far bigger and more luxurious than the boutique hotel rooms - for a fraction of the cost of a chic hotel, and the prices include the 21% VAT that gets added onto hotel prices. Check www.apartmentsba.com for some of the best, and probably the best service of the local rental agencies.

That said, if you're determined to stay in a small, chic hotel, I recommend you focus on Palermo Soho. It's more central than Palermo Hollywood, and there's a higher density of restaurants, cafes, and retail. Also less construction and associated noise. Some of the possibilities, in no particular order, are the Bobo Hotel, Blue Soho, Costa Petit Hotel, Vain Hotel, Esplendor Palermo, 5 Cool Rooms, 1555 Malabia House, Mine Hotel Boutique, Purobaires. You can find all these via Google.

Recoleta Carolina said:
I would avoid Abasto unless you are very familiar with Buenos Aires.
I agree.

If you've not been there for a while, you may not know how much it's changed recently. Abasto has always been popular with the Peruanos alluded to by Michelle, and it's been the Peruvian characteristics that have given the place such a great atmosphere in the past.

But recent changes in law and enforcement in Peru have driven a lot of the organised crime out of Lima and into the Peruvian communities elsewhere. There's a turf war going on in Abasto. It's between Peruvians but you really don't want to be out on the streets in the early hours - whoever you are.

Back