Visitors To Buenos Aires For 3 Days

tea and cakes at Las Violetas.
a choripan at midnight at costanera sur, my favorite is Mi Sueno.
Most of your other suggestions are good.
Mi Seuño is where we bikers like to go on a Saturday lunchtime and feed the pigeons although we go to Costanera Norte a bit more now.

No nightlife?? in Bs, As. Clubs , bars?etc. Palacio Alsina?? Parties??

2.jpg

Next time you want to throw a bunch of insults at me, please try to keep it under three lines and avoid the gobbledygooks in-between.
Argentina has its food, where do they have locro, carbonada, empanadas, torta frita, pastelitos, dulce de batata, Sandwich de miga, milanesa a la pizza? And you'd send them having sorrentinos....

Mi Seuño is where we bikers like to go on a Saturday lunchtime and feed the pigeons although we go to Costanera Norte a bit more now.

Yes, its the only place I have ever seen a full dress Goldwing in Argentina. Wonder what THAT cost?

Terrific ideas. Thanks to all for your help, and special thanks to Serafina and Che for taking the time to work out actual itineraries for their visit. I would never have come up with all this on my own, and am grateful for the group effort.

For me, visiting Buenos Aires for the first time after having heard all the stories from my father growing up, Las violetas couldn't be missed. For me it was an important visit since it had so much to do with history. Choripan at la costanera is a must. As is bosques de palermo. And i was bit sad I missed Tigre. But I still don't understand why they dragged dme to La boca :)

Redbeanz, Surely you don't mean Westminster CATHEDRAL, do you? That's the Roman Catholic cathedral - Victorian and really ugly. I think you mean the medieval Westminster ABBEY!

I'd suggest spending some time walking around Recoleta, not only the cemetery but a walk along some of the very pleasant streets, past the French and Brazilian embassies. If a weekend walk through the feria in front of the Pilar Church (take a look inside this historic church). Have a coffee at La Biela. Maybe a little time at the Museo de Bellas Artes which I find more interesting than MALBA.

I never really understood tourism, as a concept. My aim has always been, when visiting a country for a limited time, to see some landmarks PLUS to meet the locals who have been through the worst or the craziest and have stories to tell. I'm not gonna bore you with stories of my life. Enough to say, La Boca is absolutely unmissable, if you want to know something about Argentina, despite its ever increasingly commercial onda. There's still ghosts talking. Plus I also like crazy places like Campora meetings, illegal chapels of Gauchito Gil, the smoking tombstone of Carlos Gardel in Chacarita, Villa Freud etc. I'm a freak, I know. But that's how I get to know Argentina, I'm not expecting anyone to do the same. I want to understand (not necessarily agree with) the soul of the country.

Another super-interesting spot I would recommend is the Campamento Toas in Plaza de Mayo, in front of Casa Rosada. If you like it or not, there is a reason why these veterans are allowed to camp in front of the presidential palace. I'm not necessarily saying I share their view of the world. Yet, these guys were the soldiers in the Malvinas conflict, and they are happy to share their stories, first hand. If you're lucky, some of them even speak English.

Back