Viva La Republica End The Monarchy...?? Spain

What about the Safari Scandal in Kenya with a German Princess and a broken hip, and the Embezzlement charges against his daughter and son-in-law

yes thats during the crisis.... as said before, his decline started in 2007-2008. Before that he was almost untouchable.

I do not know what the context for the rise of republican movement in Spain is, but at least in the case of Brazil, the overthrow of our constitutional monarchy was the single greatest political tragedy in our history.

Because an abolitionist, highly progressive, extremely well educated, open minded and passionate about science monarch was replaced (via a coup) by an ignorant, corrupt and blood thirsty oligarchy of land owners.

Where there was freedom of press, they imposed censorship. Where the population rose in support of the Monarch, they committed genocide (see the history of Canudos). The whole cycle of coups, money printing, coups, rinse & repeat, started there.

I do not know what the context for the rise of republican movement in Spain is, but at least in the case of Brazil, the overthrow of our constitutional monarchy was the single greatest political tragedy in our history.

My wife thinks the opposite. Why do you say this?

He shot an elephant in his pajamas....
How the elephant got in his pajamas I'll never know !!! :eek:

But seriously,.. what kind of a person shots an animal that is on an endangered species list and boast about it?
Someone who is totally out of touch with reality.

What???!!!

You have got to be keeeeeeding me!!!!!!!

Obviously I haven't been using enough exclamation points because no one believes what I write when I end clauses with a "."

Because an abolitionist, highly progressive, extremely well educated, open minded and passionate about science monarch was replaced (via a coup) by an ignorant, corrupt and blood thirsty oligarchy of land owners.

Where there was freedom of press, they imposed censorship. Where the population rose in support of the Monarch, they committed genocide (see the history of Canudos). The whole cycle of coups, money printing, coups, rinse & repeat, started there.
Sound allot like the evolution of democracy in the US. [replaced by by an ignorant, corrupt and blood thirsty oligarchy of land and business owners].

Lets say the context is different.

Back