Volunteer opportunities

Cliff

Registered
We are a retired Canadian couple escaping the cold. We have visited BA 5 times for 5 weeks each time since 2009. Returning Feb. 28 to April 4 to an apartment near Solar & Thames.
Noted a posting a while ago requesting proofreading assistance for Spanish speaking writers translating to English.
We have done all the “tourist” highlights and are looking to make new friends as we may wish to spend more time in BA in future.

I have a friend that volunteers gardening at a nature reserve. I can put you in touch with her if that interests you.
Nancy

Certainly Sharon’s hobby is gardening as we have a huge yard here.
Think we may have met you a few years ago when we were staying in an apartment on Thames with a large ground level pool.
Cliff

I'd love to find a way to volunteer a couple hours a week in a poor neighborhood somehow. Teaching English at a school or something.

We are a retired Canadian couple escaping the cold. We have visited BA 5 times for 5 weeks each time since 2009. Returning Feb. 28 to April 4 to an apartment near Solar & Thames.
Noted a posting a while ago requesting proofreading assistance for Spanish speaking writers translating to English.
We have done all the “tourist” highlights and are looking to make new friends as we may wish to spend more time in BA in future.
Consider joining BAIN. Their website is https://baindowntown.com/ Great group of active people. My wife and I live in California, but spend 2 months twice a year in BA, and love the people at BAIN.

Back