Volunteering in Buenos Aires

For what it's worth, the church I go to does some volunteer work as part of the ministry.

A few weeks ago, we went down to Quilmes to give out clothes and school supplies for the start of the school season, and we do pretty regular things where we'll make some food, put it in individual containers and hand it out to the homeless.

I love Fundacion Sí. They have several volunteer programs and work with unhoused and underserved communities through a variety of initiatives. Might be worth a visit to one of their volunteer reunions where they go over the opportunities more in depth. I hope you find something that fits.

Has anyone had experience with their Recorridas Nocturnas? Curious to hear what to expect. Thanks!

Has anyone had experience with their Recorridas Nocturnas? Curious to hear what to expect. Thanks!
I participated in a few, as I think if I had to choose one cause it would be this. You're divided into groups that set out for a particular area of the city together to speak with those living in precarious situations-take them food, soup, mate...share conversations. They have new volunteer meetings often (that they post on their Instagram page in advance), where you'd go and get the low down. I'm not sure if things have changed (I went pre-pandemic) but I expect to be able to join again soon and can report back. It's a wonderful group of folks. Spanish speaking skills are helpful.

Back