Vomiting every 2 weeks!

CarverFan

Registered
For the last 3.5 years, whenever I'm in Bs As I get this vomiting bug. I used to get it 4 or 5 times a year, then every 6 weeks, then once a month, now every 2 weeks!!
I use alcohol gel regularly, esp. after handling money, touching eggs, or taking the subte. When I go back to UK, even for 3 months, I am never sick.
I stopped eating salads but that hasn't helped. Thinking it could be a reaction to the pesticides in red bell pepper or the insect spray on rice cake bags? No one else in the family gets the bug.
Anyone experienced anything similar or have any suggestions? Thanks!

I am constantly sick here. I have always had a weaker stomach but I have had countless stomach viruses, flus and sinus infections. I also use a safe amount of hand sanitizer, I do a lot of excercise and eat healthy. What's the deal!? I´ve joked about my immune system being allergic to BA but it's seriously getting old.

I use no hand sanitizer and am almost never sick with a vomiting bug. Take from that what you will

I too have a somewhat sensitive stomach. Never had the vomiting problem but used to have a lot of diarrhea in Argentina. Went to the gastroenterologist all the time. Carried immodium pills with me everywhere. It took over two years to adapt. I seldom have any problems in the US or Europe but even after adapting I still have a little trouble here. Hygiene is not as good as it should be so you have to be really careful. Never touch your eyes, mouth nose unless you have thoroughly washed your hands. Avoid all fried food. If you want a milanesa insist that it be baked. Avoid papas friatas. In addition to being fried, the oil used by the restaurant may not be fresh. Basically take a close look at everything that you eat all the time. Also be careful about coffee.

I can't remember the last time I ate or drank anything outside the house, so I don't think that's the problem. Think it might be the anti-cockroach spray they use in the chinese supermarkets...also someone told me they spray fruit and veg with a chemical that keeps the outside looking fresh. Ever wondered why the apples here look perfect but are old and mealy inside!

I have heard that about the Chinese markets. That could be the problem. Stop buying from these markets. maybe avoid fruit. Boil veggies.

I've never had any problems with the fruit and vegetables here and the water here is fine so I don't think that would be the problem... but I have had stomach problems after eating the pizza, empanadas, etc. The grease and that greasy cheese they use has made me sick on more than one occasion. Now, whenever I feel like "junk food", I make it at home...and probably end up eating 1/100th of the grease.

I also find myself getting sick more often when in BA. But what really kills me are the migraines.... whereas at home I would get moderate/severe migraines maybe every 2-3 months or so, here in BA it's more like 1-2 times a week! I'm sure it's just my body's reaction to all of the health concerns listed above, but still... makes life so much more difficult than it has to be.

irina said:
I am constantly sick here. I have always had a weaker stomach but I have had countless stomach viruses, flus and sinus infections. I also use a safe amount of hand sanitizer, I do a lot of excercise and eat healthy. What's the deal!? I´ve joked about my immune system being allergic to BA but it's seriously getting old.

Do you drink the tap water?..Been reports earlier that people have gotten sick from it, some even claim its the source for their hair loss.

Back