Vomiting every 2 weeks!

sometimes it is not just what you eat. Gastritis can come from something as simple as stress. perhaps you feel over stressed when you are here in bA?

Canick said:
sometimes it is not just what you eat. Gastritis can come from something as simple as stress. perhaps you feel over stressed when you are here in bA?

I have always chalked it up to stress when looking for a reason, BA really stresses me out. But perhaps it is the water like the person above suggested. I do drink tap water at home but since noone else gets sick I assumed it was fine. But I really have always been more sensitive than others.

Sanitation standards are probably lower than back home and you are probably exposed to more bugs and bacteria as a result. For most people this isn't a big problem but for those more sensitive it probably is. About the only thing you can do is frequently wash your hands, take more care in preparing foods at home. Its possible its something else but this is the most likely cause of the problems described.

A common cause of stomach problems is eating fruit and vegetables, which has not been very carefully cleansed. A recent outbreak in Europe was caused by bean sprouts.

You should get your blood tested. Go online and find out what kind of blood test you need to ask for.

http://renegadehealth.com/blog/2011/08/25/top-10-blood-tests-for-vegetarians-and-vegans/

I found this one, but this is for vegans, but it also geared to all people, omnivores and vegans.

Suggestion only, try eliminating the toxins in your body. How? Detox it.
Whether you caught it from some place or not, your body is sending a clear message, 'detox me, please'. What are you eating and drinking on regular basis?

I recommend not eating out, and cooking at home, eating less and less each day. Your body is too busy digesting food,so instead of dealing with the infection you may have,, it continues to waste all of its energy digesting the food you eat.
Detoxing means eating a low salt,low sugar vegan diet for 10 -30 days. The menu looks something like this: Anything green and leafy, raw fresh organic vegetables and anything light, this could be brown rice, steamed veggies, quinoa, squash, oranges, grapefruits, organic apples if you can find them.
Detoxing means drinking a lot of healthy liquids. This also means, no caffeine, no soda, no sweet drinks. (To get rid of your nausea, Chamomile tea, with ginger, lemon, and a tsp of turmeric.) If you can find an open minded doctor to supervise you, I would do a serious detox. Look on line for ones that work for you.
Try try try eating green bitter leafy vegetables, as much as you can. Chicory, Nettle, (Ortiga)Dandelion, Wheat Grass (just chew it)Spinach, Arugula Make a green smoothie with banana, it's more edible this way, for me.
Detox by sweating, a quick way is the sauna, if you have healthy blood pressure, I highly recommend going to a dry sauna. There are two in BA that I have been to. One is owned by a Chinese lady, it's in Medrano and Cordoba, I don't remember the exact address, but it's a yellow builiding, and the other is near Carlos Pelegrini,this is in a hotel and it's expensive. Or just exercise, do some bikrim yoga or yoga in general, dance,move around.
Detox your mind, meditate and breath.
Detox out bad people in your life,if you can.
Detox by sleeping well. (if possible).
But in the end get a blood test, and get good nutritionist/doctor to help you supervise a detoxification of your body and mind.

John.St said:
A common cause of stomach problems is eating fruit and vegetables, which has not been very carefully cleansed. A recent outbreak in Europe was caused by bean sprouts.

I thought it wasn't bean sprouts. They never really found the cause of this outbreak, from my understanding. I do remember feeling bad for the organic farmer who got such bad press.But it wasn't never resolved was it? If I have time tonight, I will look online. You, too. Please look, because vegetables get such bad press and nobody looks at the unrefrigerated pick trucks loaded with meat from the slaughterhouse going to the restaurants in BA. I met this chef when I was going to Uruguay and he said himself he would not eat in his own restaurant, that he was forced to use rotting meat to save the restaurant money. But why do we always blame it on the vegetables? I agree that there are unsanitary practices with vegetables, but don't eat salads in restaurants that serve meat, these restaurants don't care about their customers, the workers are underpaid, the job is tough, the pressure to get food out is inhumane to those workers, there is no time to care for anyone. In terms of vegetables, yes,there is too much use of pesticides everywhere, but you can get organic veggies if you can afford it. I know for fact that they sell organic carrots, beets, chicory,arugula, lemon, nettle and dandelion in BA. Or eat at home,select local seasonal veggies, they are so much cheaper and not full of pesticide residue. If you have to eat out, eat at a restaurant that is clean, and vegan. You can't go wrong with a vegan restaurant, there is an incentive to make the best food to stay in business, and a salad at any vegan restaurant in BA is going to be creative and delicious. They have to be.

mhenna11 said:
I thought it wasn't bean sprouts. They never really found the cause of this outbreak, from my understanding.
The VTEC E.Coli strain in bean sprouts was traced to seeds of fenugreek from Egypt.

"The comparison of the back tracing information from the French and German outbreaks leads to the conclusion that lot # 48088 of fenugreek seeds imported by the Importer, from Egypt, is the most likely common link, although it cannot be excluded that other lots may be implicated." http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/supporting/pub/176e.htm

Thanks for your replies everyone. Lee, I will def use only bottled water even for tea from now.....Mhenna11, I do detox. Have done lots of fruitarian mono-mealing, recently one week on only bananas and and also several mono oj days so don't think it's toxins in my body. I never get sick in UK, guess I just can't handle the germs here!!

Sounds to me like it could be the water. Are you drinking from the tap?

Some people just can't handle the water when they travel to a new place.

You should NOT replace washing your hands with using a hand sanitizer. The hand sanitizer does not kill all the germs and cannot be done instead of washing your hands. It's ok for travelling and when you are away from home, but always wash your hands when you can.

Back