VPN Use May Obtain Lower Air Fares

Rich One

Registered
I hear that by logging into, air travel pages, with a different IP, from let's say USA, instead of BA, may lead to cheaper Air Fares..? Will Ben comment?
Also what VPN you recommend?

Thank

PD; Just found this link for lower air fares?

Last edited:
Ben may have a good input from the point of view of an agent.

In a mean time, I can share my experience with booking online:

When I was based in the Netherlands and flew frequently between AMS and IAD (Washington DC), at the time when KLM partnered with NorthWest, it was consistently cheaper to book the non stop AMS-IAD-AMS flight (on KLM metal) from the US web site (without the use of VPN). That was then. I since then switched alliances and started flying different set of airlines, and at times I was able to book a lower priced trip without the use of VPN by just changing the country of booking. This does not always work as often times the price is the same, or, the airline web site may re-price your fare based on your billing address. I also remember seeing that when priced in local currency (for example departure from DBV) Lufthansa displays slightly lower prices than when priced in EUR, and if your payment card does not have foreign transaction fee, you may gain this small difference.
In some countries, however, I do remember local internal flights being significantly cheaper if booked locally.

For China I used VPN Express and had good results.

I have attempted to test this with various VPNs from different locations on various devices and device types and utilizing various browsers, etc. I have never received a different price no matter what combination I utilized.

I think the price discrimination based on device, IP, etc, is either a myth or very, very isolated. I would love to hear back from anyone that actually reproduced this who does not own a VPN service trying to sell a service.

Back