Wage Advice - Writer

Smcali23

Registered
Hiya -

I was wondering if anyone could help with a couple of questions I have.

I was interviewed for an Ad Writer/Creative role (English speaking) within an advertising agency and just received a phone call asking for my salary requirements. Basically, I haven't got a clue what to tell them.

The main problem is that I have worked, almost exclusively, with clients abroad. I work from home at the moment and get projects daily from the UK, albeit in a completely different field.

The project is quite exciting, the client is a major multinational and it may be a good opportunity to expand my CV. BUT, in terms of salary, I'm stumped.

The rates the company are asking me to provide them with are hourly (freelance), part time (six hours a day) or full time (nine hours a day).

Does anyone have experience in a similar field, or just an idea of the sort of salaries people living in Argentina can expect for these types of roles?

I am aware that I would not be expecting a UK salary, but at the same time I'd like to not under-sell myself too much.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I don't know if you'd have some sort of senior position, but, if not, I'd say around 7000-8000pesos a month, based on the people I know in the field. But I don't know if it's standard

Hourly depends on you, but I would shoot for around $6000 part time, $9000/$10000 full time (net not gross). Definitely don't undersell yourself. There are companies out there willing to pay for good quality work from a native speaker. Hopefully this is one of them.

Thanks to both of you for the advice!

Funnily enough, I ended up giving them a quotation for exactly what you suggested, allcraz. I spoke to a good writer friend earlier today and that was also the salary that he suggested.

Well, we'll see what happens - but thanks again.

Back