Waitstaff In Bsas

I have found that generally the waitstaff in Buenos Aires are fine, and sometimes very good.

I did have my first bad experience in TGI Fridays - yes I know we shouldn't have gone there in the first place but we were tired after shopping etc - the bill took ages to come then despite capturing the attention of the waiter he still didn't come to get the money. So I picked up the cash whilst and shoved it into his hand whilst he was taking the order for another table.

I have found that generally the waitstaff in Buenos Aires are fine, and sometimes very good.

I did have my first bad experience in TGI Fridays - yes I know we shouldn't have gone there in the first place but we were tired after shopping etc - the bill took ages to come then despite capturing the attention of the waiter he still didn't come to get the money. So I picked up the cash whilst and shoved it into his hand whilst he was taking the order for another table.

Tgif in puerto Madero? I had a bad experience there too. I asked for a drink.. never got it. Plus, also took forever to bring the bill..

Lucky I guess. My stepson who lives here says, especially in the more expensive restaurants that the wait staff isn't rude but aloof, because supposedly the locals like it that way.

We found a perfect little Italian restaurant, Guilio on Sinclair near Cervino that treats you like family. Our new granddaughter has 4 pairs of grandparents; three pair of us were here for the birth; 5 Colombians and on gringo - me. The restaurant knows me well enough that when one pair of grandparents went there for dinner and couldn't remember the name of the dish I told them to try the said the dish thee gringo, with the two Colombians had the oter day. The owner knew exactly what to serve! Paccheri agli Asparagi; cream sauce, pasta, asparagus, cheese, bacon onion, garlic....ummm ummm good!

oops a shameless restaurant plug!

Here's the reason for the trip - Lucia, born 1/4/15

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 6
It depends, some are very nice to me. But the other day I went to Covadonga at the intersection of Riobamba and Arenales. The waiters there have the most ridiculous attitude I've seen in some time...and the owners or managers as well, a very weird vibe. Curious to know if anyone's tried it or will try it and confirm.

Unless you're at a very expensive restaurant, the wait staff are 9 out of 10 times terrible. Gotta love how when you're ordering they refuse to look out and are staring at something else off in the distance, and when you need something you could be flapping your arms like there was a fire and they're right in front of you clearing a table and they pretend not to notice. It's like they were all students of the Soup Nazi.

When the waiters dont come to the table as needed, I walk to the counter and talk to the adicionista and, if is time to pay the check the waiter comes immediately to the counter, waiting for the tip. Usually the waiters remember me and improve the customer service experience next times.

I told this waiter at Covadonga "Can I order already." He said yes, looked into the distance, and walked away lol...never seen anything like this. I have to admire the brazenness...I did tell the owner/manager how hard it is to get the attention of his employees. But he also has a remote and almost deranged look in the eye. There's something going on there. I wanted to leave but was indignant at that point and wanted to make a show of eating there. I hope they didn't do something to my food.

Lucky I guess. My stepson who lives here says, especially in the more expensive restaurants that the wait staff isn't rude but aloof, because supposedly the locals like it that way.

We found a perfect little Italian restaurant, Guilio on Sinclair near Cervino that treats you like family. Our new granddaughter has 4 pairs of grandparents; three pair of us were here for the birth; 5 Colombians and on gringo - me. The restaurant knows me well enough that when one pair of grandparents went there for dinner and couldn't remember the name of the dish I told them to try the said the dish thee gringo, with the two Colombians had the oter day. The owner knew exactly what to serve! Paccheri agli Asparagi; cream sauce, pasta, asparagus, cheese, bacon onion, garlic....ummm ummm good!

oops a shameless restaurant plug!

Here's the reason for the trip - Lucia, born 1/4/15

I know this restaurant and would recommend it too for the same reasons and more.

Back