Want to expat! Hungry for knowledge

Goshinki

Registered
Hello!

Let me introduce myself.

My name is Kevin. I am 24 years old, and I have been an American citizen all my life. The reason I want to leave the United States ASAP is because it has become DANGEROUS here. There is a small group of elitist criminals that have hijacked the
government and are intentionally sabotaging the U.S. in an attempt to set up a police state and enslave its people. The usual response I get to this notion is "Kevin, you're crazy! You're a radical. That can't happen here". But it is happening, and those people that say these things to me typically haven't done any research of their own on the subject.

I'm not really trying to get into all that, but I'm more than happy to provide links to the various sites that I've spent years examining which provide powerful evidence of the New World Order's existence and their evil intentions to anyone that is interested!

All that mess aside, that is not really my focus here. I joined this site in order to learn from other people that have more knowledge and experience with the immigration process, and to make friendships in which we can support each other. The only reason I mention these strong beliefs I harbor is to give you an idea of where I'm at: I'm young, filled with pep and motivation, but poor and with little "professional" background which otherwise usually can provide expats with a visa straight-forward and simply, through a pention or income or whatever. I don't have that luxury but I must find some avenue by which I can gain legal residence.

To me leaving the United States is a matter of survival. I researched many countries as candidates to immigrate to and only Argentina strikes me as profoundly as it does for being a place to call home. I've never been there, but I'm having an emotional love-affair with its gorgeous countryside, strong economy, bountiful resources and kind people. I'm sure if you're reading this you felt the same way before your migration As such, I'd do anything for Argentina to accept me. I would shovel crap 8 hours a
day every day if that's what it took. I do intend to contact the consulate when they open on Monday and yes, I will word that much more eloquantly and professionally.

The exact thing I intend to run past them is if I can gain temporary residency eventually becoming permanent if I agree to perform weekly community service of a duration and nature to their satisfaction, full-well knowing that failure to comply = deportation.

I really do wonder if the immigration procedure is very much so by-the-book (i.e. "this is the law, these are exact steps you can take to get a Visa, period.") or if there is a degree of judging/opinionation that takes place (i.e. "hmm... I can see you are sincere and motivated... alright, sign to agree to do X ammount of community service and I'll look over your application.")

What do you guys think, in your experience, is dealing with the consulate more By-the-Book or moreso Judging/Opinionated?

That brings me to a post on this forum which has caught my interest, located at http://baexpats.org/expat-life/10264-new-residency-types.html

These "provisions" seemed to have been installed to allow some flexibility in the requirements for residency, almost as if responding to the difficulties which stretch around the world during these trying times. Unfortunately, I simply can't find a goverment site, in English or Spanish, that specifically outlines these new provisions which perhaps could be my ticket to residency. I wish to connect with people that know more about this stuff. While I can't be considered a financier or investor or anything, I want to dedicate myself to the Nation of Argentina in a way that the migration office could recognize.

As far as my Spanish goes, I took three years of it in high school. That was about eight years ago, but it was entry level and honestly, I don't know if they did a great job since, while almost everything that was taught is familiar to this day upon review, I have no business getting involved in a conversation with a native speaker of Spanish. However, I am doing Rosetta Stone now and it's fantastic! An awesome refresher... I can speak the language well but understanding it audibly is very difficult... in fact, quite often I can barely understand the ENGLISH people speak to me through the drive-thru intercom at McDonalds where I work... it's simply a problem area for me, possibly the worst problem area you can have when you are serious about expatriating to a foreign land... but, hey, I'll learn!

I am committed, and even if it takes me years to become comfortable speaking the language, it's totally worth it.

So there's where I'm at. I started a thread which seems to have generated a lot of interest here:
http://baexpats.org/expat-life/15791-no-frills-strategy-obtaining-residence.html
which can give even more insight of what's going on in my mind and what I'm after.

Thanks for reading

Goshinki said:
I'd do anything for Argentina to accept me. I would shovel crap 8 hours a day every day if that's what it took. I do intend to contact the consulate when they open on Monday and yes, I will word that much more eloquantly and professionally.

The exact thing I intend to run past them is if I can gain temporary residency eventually becoming permanent if I agree to perform weekly community service of a duration and nature to their satisfaction, full-well knowing that failure to comply = deportation.

The consulate will not be able to help you. There is no such thing as a (non-professional) community service visa.

You can come here and not worry about deportation. As I wrote in the other thread you started, just come here to live. If you can continue to make an income as an on line blogger you may be able to demonstrate that you have a "legal means of living" and apply for citizenship after a year.

Goshinki said:
The reason I want to leave the United States ASAP is because it has become DANGEROUS here. There is a small group of elitist criminals that have hijacked the government and are intentionally sabotaging the U.S. in an attempt to set up a police state and enslave its people.

:eek: .......

You have chosen wisely my friend, Argentina is the paradise you have been seeking. Welcome.

¡¡¡Viva la revolución!!!

steveinbsas said:
The consulate will not be able to help you. There is no such thing as a (non-professional) community service visa.

You can come here and not worry about deportation. As I wrote in the other thread you started, just come here to live. If you can continue to make an income as an on line blogger you may be able to demonstrate that you have a "legal means of living" and apply for citizenship after a year.

Yes, I'm starting to understand that I need to get down there, get to work and get my hands dirty. I would need to backpack which unfortunately would put a dent in my so-called blogging career. Kinda a catch-22. I feel like my only real chance would be to marry a citizen.

Some method of getting reliable internet while I'm down there would be extremely beneficial. It would help me keep in touch with my family, earn money, learn the language, and continue benefiting from, say, this forum.

I walk a fine line here.

Goshinki said:
Yes, I'm starting to understand that I need to get down there, get to work and get my hands dirty. I would need to backpack which unfortunately would put a dent in my so-called blogging career. Kinda a catch-22. I feel like my only real chance would be to marry a citizen.

Some method of getting reliable internet while I'm down there would be extremely beneficial. It would help me keep in touch with my family, earn money, learn the language, and continue benefiting from, say, this forum.

I walk a fine line here.

I live in the "country" where there is no cable internet service available. I have a moble, wireless modem. It works very well (most of the time).

10GB per month for $199 pesos. That's not cheap but I use almost all 10GB each month.

You biggest concern (if living a nomadic life) will be having your computer (and everything else) stolen. Better to come to BA with a few thousand diollars, find a room in a "shared" apartment or house, and continue your blogging.

Marrying a "citizen" will not be an easy task, especially if you are poor.

steveinbsas said:
I live in the "country" where there is no cable internet service available. I have a moble, wireless modem. It works very well (most of the time).

10GB per month for $199 pesos. That's not cheap but I use almost all 10GB each month.

You biggest concern (if living a nomadic life) will be having your computer (and everything else) stolen. Better to come to BA with a few thousand diollars, find a room in a "shared" apartment or house, and continue your blooging.

Marrying a "citizen" will not be an easy task, especially if you are poor.

Sound advice. I have no idea where I would keep those thousands of dollars. I suppose I can't even have money wired to me without identification.

Yes, Philip. I understand that there is corruption in the Argentine government, but what's going on in the United States is just insane. They're actually building concentration camps, known as FEMA. In the meantime, we continue to print valueless currency and use it to trade with a world that won't stand for it anymore. I'm running out of time and I hope it's not already too late.

Goshinki said:
Sound advice. I have no idea where I would keep those thousands of dollars. I suppose I can't even have money wired to me without identification.

You can make withdrawals from your US bank at most ATMs in Argentina. There's no need to bring a large amount of currency with you.

As a tourist you have no worries about making these withdrawals. It's 100% legal and not subject to taxation in Argentina.

If your clients pay for your blogging services via paypal you can link your bank account to your paypal account. I suggest Charles Schwab Bank so you won't have to pay any ATM fees in Argentina. As you are from the US you can open an account with them on line.

AkBill said:
You have chosen wisely my friend, Argentina is the paradise you have been seeking. Welcome.

¡¡¡Viva la revolución!!!

Che_Limones_by_Karimi_by_GrimFandangoFans.jpg

Back