Want to meet up this week?

sunelaugh

Registered
Hello! I am a 26 year old female who just moved here from Chicago today! I am in a living situation that is not ideal for me, as there are 7 other people who only speak Spanish (I did not know this!). I speak an intermediate level, however, I do not understand anything when they hang out together. It is kind of isolating and I would like to meet some English speakers so I can feel a little more at home. Would anybody like to meet for coffee or tea on Tuesday evening?

Hey there sorry to hear that, I am sure your Spanish will improve quickly... What area are you living in now? I just moved from Long Beach California about 4 days ago... I live in Palermo Soho, Let me know if you need someone to speak English too! I speak fairly good Spanish, and I don't mind if i pronounce a few words incorrectly.

Sandra

Hey, Sunelaugh. I'm also in Palermo Soho area and speak both english and spanish fluently. I actually live in BA for over a year now, so i might somewhat help you to get around.

Igor

We are meeting this afternoon in San Telmo to watch Spain v Germany!! At Northside bar, Bolivar 479, corner of Venezuela, only 5 blocks from the Casa Rosada. (Subte A). Come and join us!!! I post same info for the finals over the weekend, when we decide the new venue!!!
Cheers

I'm 26 and English in San Telmo, and also happy to meet up any time if you want to refresh your English a little. Drop me a PM if you'd like to.

If it's any consolation, your situation sounds like the perfect opportunity to get really good at Spanish in the coming month or two, though! It might be intimidating at first but even if you just explain to your flatmates that you'd like to hang out and practice listening to them until you feel confident enough to join in the conversation yourself, it's great practice!

Take it from someone who learned a lot of my Spanish listening to Argentine football commentators talking at 100 mph - everything will sound hugely slowed down once you get used to it!

Back