Warning about clubs in BA

Fettucini

Registered
Hi just to warn people that in the past few months i've not only had it happen to a couple of friends but also has happened to other people, getting drugged and robbed at Asia de Cuba. Basically someone puts something in your drink, you suddenly feel very ill and about to whitey so leave the club, then someone offers to take care of you and robs you. This is the only place i know for sure of it happening and have heard various other stories here apart from what happened to a friend when we were out one night (although she was ok as we were with her but she got very ill). Was for sure not the alcohol either as only had a couple of beers.
Also happened to another friend who had to leave the club feeling very ill suddenly, someone took him to a taxi then the taxi and the other guy took him to his apt and robbed everything.
Just good idea to keep an eye on your drinks and don't take any sips from anyone's when there. Asia de Cuba seems to be a prime target so watch out!

If you dont take care of your drink in capital someone will drink it, so you are fucked either way

I always take my drink with me to the rest-room or give it to a friend

And I have to say that you must be pretty stupid if you let a complete stranger come to your house

Good reminder! I don't ever go to a club alone or leave a drink unattended on the "better safe than sorry" principle. Sorry to hear that this is happening, it's not unheard of in other big cities but that doesn't make it any less scary.

It's bad enough getting robbed but if someone gives you an overdose and you die ... now that is having a bad day. I saw this scam a few times in Thailand when idiots would get wasted and be totally oblivious to their surroundings. You'd see a delirious farang being hustled down the street to some very unfortunate fate.

Off topic:

Asia de Cuba has a great lunch special. I got the best sushi I've had in the capital in a lunch special that was like 38 pesos. Sit outside and get the afternoon sun ... very nice...

Downside is that drinks are really expensive, even at lunch.

This has been happening for some time in the UK. There are warning signs everywhere: Basically the advice is "never leave your drink unattended" My daughter and her freinds (clubbing veterans) will never pick up a drink after they have lost sight of it.
I forget the name of the most used drug, but they call it the date rape drug. So not nice, but also not unique to Buenos Aires.

tangobob said:
This has been happening for some time in the UK. There are warning signs everywhere: Basically the advice is "never leave your drink unattended" My daughter and her freinds (clubbing veterans) will never pick up a drink after they have lost sight of it.
I forget the name of the most used drug, but they call it the date rape drug. So not nice, but also not unique to Buenos Aires.
Happens everywhere in the world.

I recall the good old days, when you put a note on your glas "I have spitted (spat?) in my drink!", before you left for the men's room, only to get back and find an addition to the note "So have I!".

Back