Warning to women

It is sad that these things happen. I have heard of guys doing that on a crowded bus before. All I can say is I am glad that you punched him and put a dint in his car. Sure, it may not have been the smartest thing to do, but he got what was coming to him and now maybe he'll think twice beforehand.

It was good that you did not go right into your apartment. For all he knows you were visiting people in the bar you ran into.

I agree with the advice above about finding a good taxi or remise company to call when you need a ride.

Same thing happened to me, more or less. I was waiting at the bus stop on Cordoba y Serrano, about midnight on a Monday. A moto pulls up and my girlfriend and I continue chatting. All of a sudden he says something to us in broken english and we turn and he has his dick out just going at it. Vile. I grabbed my friends arm and stormed off while screaming that I would cut it off. Same thing happened to me in NYC on the subway....

Stun guns are legal in Argentina.

The one I have has a "flashlite" feature.

If you push the switch just a bit forward the "stun" feature is activated. Then all you have to do is make contact with the attacker and press the button.

If I still lived in CF I wouldn't leave home without one.

Mine doesn't look like a gun. It looks like a power adaptor for a laptop computer (a bit larger than a pack of cigarettes).

A woman with a purse woud be able to have it ready for use much faster than any man with his hand elsewhere.

If you have an old worthless cell with a camera, you can take a picture of the ID banner usually hanging on the front seats. Any time I get into a cab I use my phone camera to get numbers, license plates, or anything that is making me nervous. In a stressed situation it's not easy to have to remember details.
If nothing goes awry, I delete the photos.

Thanks, guys. Though I understand I probably SHOULD have handled it differently, I have zero regrets about punching him. If there were any coherent thoughts going through my mind at that particular moment, other than sheer anger, they would have been my absolute disgust at the thought of this "man" getting any....satisfaction....at my expense, so I choose to believe that my reflex to punch him was my subconscious refusal to allow that to happen. I'd like to believe he didn't get the, uh, happy ending he was hoping to attain from torturing and humiliating me.

Steve....do you know where in the city I could find a stun gun? I would feel so much more comfortable with that kind of defense.

Call the cab company, make a complaint... if they ask you who the driver was, if you don't remember his name or permit #, just tell them its the driver with a bloody/broken nose that didn't work today .

Good on you for doing some real damage to his face.
I don't mean to creep you out, but you should be careful getting in and out of your apartment for the next few days. He might be psycho enough to want revenge for the broken nose, and he knows where you live.

dmbailey said:
Steve....do you know where in the city I could find a stun gun? I would feel so much more comfortable with that kind of defense.

Most armarias sell them.

In Belgrano I suggest Armaria Navarra (Cabildo 201).

www.armaslanavarra.com.ar

E-mail: [email protected].

Horario de Atención: Lunes a Viernes de 10 a 13 y de 15 a 19 ...

If I remember correctly, the name of the woman who runs the shop is Marta.

Sounds like you kicked his ass! Good for you. I bet he will think twice next time. When you are alone at night keep your house key out in your hand and use it as a weapon. I am so glad you got away.

So glad you took a punch at him and kicked his car. Lesson learned and I'll even attempt to take a picture of what he is doing if I ever get the chance to, along w/ all his car info. I'm still in shock about what happened to you and the word disgusting doesn't even define what happened. Yeah get a stun gun for sure! Steve, what's a stun gun called in Spanish? thanks for the tip too!

Back