Warning to women

As soon as pulled out his "wang" you shoulda pointed and laughed!

I'm so sorry this happened. Must have been awful.
At night, I recommend taking buses, always. Especially on weekends. They're almost never empty and having to walk some blocks alone is better than being locked up with a stranger.

gpop said:
Call the cab company, make a complaint... if they ask you who the driver was, if you don't remember his name or permit #, just tell them its the driver with a bloody/broken nose that didn't work today .

YES! Worth a shot. Also mention that you kicked and dented the cab and where the dent is, if you remember.

As for taking the buses at night...I guess it depends on where you're going. I took a 3 a.m. bus from Palermo to my apartment in Montserrat once after a party and had to get off early due to gross creepy men heckling me, the only girl on the bus. Which is exactly what OP is trying to avoid. One part of Palermo to the other up/down Santa Fe and you'll probably be around normal people on the weekends.

[quote name='Don'tMindMe']I took a 3 a.m. bus from Palermo to my apartment in Montserrat once after a party and had to get off early due to gross creepy men heckling me, the only girl on the bus.[/QUOTE]

I have been here for sometime and the way that men in general treat women in public places is disgusting. The way that they think making the sound like they are sucking a piece of day old meat from in between there teeth is a turn on to a woman is quite endearing (not). These stories is further evidence that they are far from class acts.

JHB1216 said:
I have been here for sometime and the way that men in general treat women in public places is disgusting. The way that they think making the sound like they are sucking a piece of day old meat from in between there teeth is a turn on to a woman is quite endearing (not). These stories is further evidence that they are far from class acts.

I can't even begin to describe how much I agree with this. I had just had a very lengthy conversation about my disdain for the shameless and degrading attitudes of men towards women here with my friend right before this happened. I can't walk more than one block without hearing some offensive or vulgar "cat call" from a man or group of men, even when I look terrible. It's repulsing and infuriating and just plain annoying. Why, as a woman, must I constantly feel the need to cross the street when approaching a group of men just to avoid the comments and potential invasion of space?!

I know I need to just learn to accept that that's the way it is here and it's unavoidable, but it's very VERY difficult for me to get past it no matter how much I try to ignore it. I can appreciate a confident and straight-forward guy as much as the next girl, but the shameless and RELENTLESS aggression that the men here portray every day is just exhausting and discouraging. Not to mention gross, more often than not.

Again , portenio men arnt fully evolved.
A great comeback to a catcall is to ask them if they know where their mommy is and when they reply , tell them you know otherwise. Its a thing portenios have with their mommies. Try it , you will see for yourself the horrified look on their faces when you mention mom.
portenio men have a loooong way to go . And make no mistake , catcalls are just another manifestation of assault.

DM am sorry you had such an awful experience. :(

I second those who recommend taking a bus at night (one of the busy bus lines) or calling a reputable radio taxi company.

Oh god, that sounds awful.
It's absolutely disgusting.
My advice would be to call Remise next time.
Most of the ones I use are Korean, but if you speak a bit of spanish and give them where you're located and where you are headed, they'll bring you safe and sound.

4632-5913, it's called Kyopo Remise and the one I use the most.
My dad calls them a lot especially for his work and ask for the Korean guy.
He should be near his 40's or 50's and he's driven me from and to tutor for a long time:)
I'm 16, so you shouldn't have to worry about any kind of abuse:)
I hope this helped!

@dmbailey; That was awful... Sorry this happened to you. :( .... If you'd like a pocket can of pepper spray, I have a brand new one I can give you (free). It's not much, but a good thing to have while you're out and about in the city.

Wow, I never thought I'd actually hear this story again. Having read it from the OP makes me realize that a friend of mine was not exaggerating. This was one of the first stories she told me when I met her here and I remember thinking, "Ok...a bit over the top." Geez, it might have been the same guy! Good for you for punching him in the face. (I can say that now because I know you're safe and I don't think the pajero was in the condition to cause you any real harm other than emotional.)

Back