Warning!

mafs

Registered
If u are looking for a place to live in Buenos Aires you probably know about the airbnb website and if u are considering this listing http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/171320 please I want to very strongly advise you not to live there! when I first got to Buenos Aires I found this place by Spear Rooms, I lived in that house with other 9 people from different countries. After a couple of months we all realized it was definitely not a desirable environment to live in.

Hopefully this helps.
xx

months?? :O why did it take so long? If you don't stand it, you don't put up with it, do u?

sorry I didnt see your post angel.
its a long story but to make it short for you the guy that rented the rooms for us lives there and he has issues with alcohol.
At first he seemed nice and normal but then his true colors came out.. he is an "artist" so he stayed in the house all day doing nothing just drinking.. and he became abusive with everyone. it got to the point were we didnt even want to go back there sometimes.. we all moved out, even one of the argentinians that was involved in the business of renting the rooms. I didnt wanted to mention that on the post cause i really want people to take that seriously, all my roommates are writing 'bout it cause we really are scared of people living there. its not safe and we dont want anyone to have to go through that... we are not in BA to have a bad time.

hopefully this explained a little why I def. DON'T recommend it!
it was a couple of months cause we needed to find a place to stay, this is just a warning for people cause i dont want them to have to go through that but its your decition in the end.

xx

Add feedback to the website if you had issues. Not much point posting here, very relevant to post on airbnb.

But I do agree with the above post: Why did it take "months" to work out it wasn't a good place to live??

Plus, your "hell" might be someone else's "heaven".

I have to agree, reporting the issues to airbnb might result in them taking the listing down. I sure hope it would anyway.

I don't recommend anyone to live in these places. I've heard a lot of stories about these "university residences" as they are called and they are never good.

I also lived in this apartment for a period of time and had a similar experience. Whilst the apartment was great for the first few months the owner's behavoius really spiraled out of control only just recently, to a point where I did not feels safe living in the apartment and subsequently moved out. Airbnb does not provide an oportunity to comment on peoples listings. I have written to them and expressed my concerns. I like Mafs, would be concerned for anyone to live in such a volite and unpredictable environment. Whilst obviously people can decide this for themselves , I think as a community of expats it is important to pass this kind of information on

This place was listed in Spare Rooms before and we all talked to them about what happened and the place is NO longer listed on their website, Airbnb didn't let me post a comment about it so I already wrote to them explaining my concerns as well.

Why are we questioning someone like the OP? I mean, except for the unlikely reason that the OP is a malicious landlord trying to rid herself of competition, we should be thanking her for the heads up. Geez.

i grant you a spear room must be bit uncomfortable if not outright dangerous

Back