We should all stop and think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caribbean Cool

Registered

Even if U.S. unemployment doesn't reach these staggering figures (30%) they may come close. But that unemployment figure portends disaster for all the economies of the world. I have lived in a number of different cities around Latin America and the four big ones in the U.S. From where I am sitting here in Buenos Aires, I truly believe I am in the very best place to be as we enter into this economic maelstrom. I think that this is not the time to be concentrating on the faults of the government nor faults of the system here. The truth is every country is up xxxxx creek without a paddle. Rather, I think it is time to calmly try to make some adjustments about life styles and expectations. And think that perhaps we are lucky to be here as the cost of a quality life is certainly as cheap or cheaper than anywhere else.

The economic engines of the world, the U.S., Europe, and perhaps China are hemorrhaging as never before. We must all be thinking about how this will affect our households. Period.

When I tried to warn people of the seriousness of this back in January.

You were the first to respond with this:

This is the first really stupid post I have seen on this board. It is pure fear mongering. Almost racist. (next will the author will suggest an internment camp for the chineses employees?)

It's people like you, with your superior than thou, political correctness that got us into this mess by not implementing prudent travel restrictions.

Singapore and Russia that did implement travel restriction back in January around the time of my post have almost no cases.

Forgive me if I have absolutely NO INTEREST in your sanctimonious advice.

Must confess I was one of the non-believers - and was dead wrong.

Not that I could have done anything different, had I believed we would come to this.

The time to stop and think has long since passed sadly. So many caught off guard so many thought this was just a blip it is by no means a blip. Bunkered down for real as off today now wait 3 weeks and hope I did not make any mistakes in getting here.

Even if U.S. unemployment doesn't reach these staggering figures (30%) they may come close. But that unemployment figure portends disaster for all the economies of the world. I have lived in a number of different cities around Latin America and the four big ones in the U.S. From where I am sitting here in Buenos Aires, I truly believe I am in the very best place to be as we enter into this economic maelstrom. I think that this is not the time to be concentrating on the faults of the government nor faults of the system here. The truth is every country is up xxxxx creek without a paddle. Rather, I think it is time to calmly try to make some adjustments about life styles and expectations. And think that perhaps we are lucky to be here as the cost of a quality life is certainly as cheap or cheaper than anywhere else.

The economic engines of the world, the U.S., Europe, and perhaps China are hemorrhaging as never before. We must all be thinking about how this will affect our households. Period.
This forum is full of doom and gloomers, but for once, they maybe right. I have to re watch the great movie, forgot it’s name, with Henry Fonda and about the depression years in the us. I remember: the grapes of wrath

This forum is full of doom and gloomers, but for once, they maybe right. I have to re watch the great movie, forgot it’s name, with Henry Fonda and about the depression years in the us. I remember: the grapes of wrath
My intention of my post was not clear. Permit me to expand. Many members have made predictions and prognostications about the future. The prediction made by Bullard raises the credibility of the negative predictions....he is a member of the Federal Reserve. That catches my eye! The other point was perhaps 'grasping for straws'...meaning on a POSITIVE SIDE I think we should be THANKFUL that we are in Buenos Aires and not in any other country. Couldn't we all use something to be just a little positive about?

When I tried to warn people of the seriousness of this back in January.

You were the first to respond with this:

It's people like you, with your superior than thou, political correctness that got us into this mess by not implementing prudent travel restrictions.

Singapore and Russia that did implement travel restriction back in January around the time of my post have almost no cases.

Forgive me if I have absolutely NO INTEREST in your sanctimonious advice.
Neowonk's post now can be considered prescient. Although Caribcool uses the qualifier "almost" when writing "almost racist," it was an example of empty virtue signaling. The post was not racist in the slightest and if racial speech were a crime (which it is not), you would never have found a lawyer to take the case. Admitting one was wrong is virtuous. In my opinion, Neowonk also deserves an apology for nonsensical quasi claims of racism.

Those who "liked" Caribcool's post might want to reflect as well.

I'm from Boston, MA (where there are hospital that people go to from all over the work for care) and I have multiple friends- nurses, doctors, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants who tell me that it is getting bad- the young are now in the ICU.

But to keep it on a positive note (I'm a Nurse Practitioner who came here for 8 months to Learn Spanish - all alone, not knowing anyone and never a Spanish class in my 40s)- WE ARE SO LUCKY TO BE HERE- I feel so privileged to be here at this time. This is the reason that I decided not return home. Everyday when I get updates; I am reminded of that. Stay positive and strong!!!

AND thanks again for this website-it has been so helpful to someone like me!!!! It's been my saving grace for information!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back