Wedding Reception In Ba - Looking For Ideas

La Marlina

Registered
My Argentine fiancé and I are hosting a small wedding reception (80-100 people) in Buenos Aires. Unfortunately, the Park-Hyatt, Faena, and Four Seasons, etc. are a bit out of our budget.... Can anyone suggest a salon / place to host our event? Thanks in advance!

Also on Quintana, might look into Palacio Balcarce ... http://www.palaciobalcarce.com.ar/historia-del-palacio.htm

Congrats! What type of space - modern, ornate, stark? Also in Capital a must or would you consider outside?

I went to a great wedding at a space in the ecological reserve (or right next to it) in Puerto Madero. I sadly can't remember the name of the place but it was gorgeous.

Hi everyone - thanks so much for the quick responses!

My fiancé has just sent inquiries to both spaces recommended above. I am really open to everything in Cap Fed, but I think I prefer the classic BA style, rather than modernist. I keep looking at photos of some of the more modern spaces and wondering if all of them buy the white square couches and tables at the same furniture store, as so many of the spaces seem to have the exact same furniture and "look" :)

Citygirl - a space in PM near the reserve would be a great location for us! If you can remember the name, that would be awesome.

This is beautiful and central. No idea of the costs, but there are various different sized rooms available...
www.palaciosanmiguel.com.ar

My in-laws in Olivos hosted a shin-dig at their home after my 15 minute civil ceremony. There were about 40 people in total, but they used an awesome catering service called "Lo de Maria." The food selection was delicious, their service was prompt, professional, and hassle-free (which is the last thing you want to deal with at your wedding!), and the servers and people walking around with the drink and snack trays were very polite and courteous... I was very pleased and impressed, and it made my wedding celebration that much more wonderful and memorable!

A Brit relative of me married a local girl and have a very nice wedding (including 3 bands) at a place in Devoto (near Mosconi and Av San Martin).
The buffet was excelent. I will get you the name of the place asap.
Henry

We had ours at la Casa de la Villa in Villa Devoto. Nice little place, but might be too small for your liking. They do have good food. Around the same area there's Bellinzona which seems like a beautiful venue - at least from the outside. I've read good reviews about them, but don't have any personal experience.

There's lots of beautiful venues out there. Just a little tip, when talking to these places make sure you make a very detailed list of what you want and approximately how many guests you have to try to get a bottom line written price which you both agree to. The less room you leave for extra charges the better off you'll be. :p

Back