Weekend Get-Together May 18

thanks for putting this together Senior Redpossum

Ah, thanks, but I can't really take much credit. I'm just sort of doing the secretarial work. If things go well, it will be because you folks made it go well ;)

Another reminder, to anyone who might have missed it -

2pm Sunday, May 18th
Magdalena's Party, Thames 1795, Palermo Soho, (near the intersection with Costa Rica).

Bring your appetite, and be ready to pig out. There is a special menu laid on, apparently to celebrate the return of one of the owners, who has been abroad for a year or so.

just a quick question
what kind of prices are we talking? can one order off the regular menu too?
I looked their menu up and saw prices but not sure if they are precios actuales or not?
thanks

Hello,

I've been in BA for a few months but I'm new on this forum. I'd like to join you tomorrow!

How will I recognize the group?

just a quick question
what kind of prices are we talking? can one order off the regular menu too?
I looked their menu up and saw prices but not sure if they are precios actuales or not?
thanks

I think she said that the full meal specials will be like 120 per person, but that at least a couple of the regular menu items like burritos would be available. On the other hand, I may have misunderstood completely.

When I was there on Thursday, I had a breakfast burrito with fries, I think that was 55 pesos, and the California burrito was about 65 pesos. Not cheap but not as expensive as the food at the Ninja Bakery.

I didn't really plan for this meet to happen on a special day there, it was just random luck.

It looks like it will be sure missing something today. Too bad I can't come, I have to fulfill a lunch invitation for an empanadas tasting.
Like now, I am feeling like the bad gal put in the corner.

Enjoy yourselves!

BTW: what language do you speak at these G2G?

Like now, I am feeling like the bad gal put in the corner.
Ah that's OK, just remember - Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere ;)

Sorry you can't make it, look forward to seeing you another time. Have fun tasting empanadas.

We usually speak English, but you should have seen the look of confusion on the waitress' face Friday when she brought my food and I told her "muchachos Garcias". She didn't seem to be aware that the proper reply is "de nachos". Ah well, California border humor, I guess it doesn't translate...

Isadora, from your posts you seem like a very interesting person, and I truly do look forward to meeting you eventually, have a great Sunday!

Today they are having El Tejano BBQ doing a special BBQ & Music something-or-another starting at 2pm, so I wouldn't bet on them taking a reservation for a table of brunchers. The place should be packed by then.

PS- It's ON the corner of Thames & Costa Rica, not "near" it. (It's the BLUE building.)

Today they are having El Tejano BBQ doing a special BBQ & Music something-or-another starting at 2pm, so I wouldn't bet on them taking a reservation for a table of brunchers. The place should be packed by then.

PS- It's ON the corner of Thames & Costa Rica, not "near" it. (It's the BLUE building.)

Why always so negative?

I already made a reservation. Have fun at Waterloo :)

Back