Western Union money transfer

Thanks for the code. Where are you finding these codes? i doubt they will last more than a few weeks if that.

The last one went from July to October. Past doesn't determine the future but better to be positive.

The codes are within the Western Union site. Select Cash Pickup and Pay-in-Cash and they will more often than not give you the code for a discount for using an online payment instead.

The last one went from July to October. Past doesn't determine the future but better to be positive.

The codes are within the Western Union site. Select Cash Pickup and Pay-in-Cash and they will more often than not give you the code for a discount for using an online payment instead.
Thanks so much, Córdoba!!!

I try to apply the promo code DIGITAL0FEE, but it doesn't work. In the app I get the error:
We're sorry, but the promo code is only available for the online payments. (M0300)
On the website I get:
Unfortunately, a technical problem has occurred. Please try again later.
I tried with different payment methods.

Edit:
I tried on the website sending from US and the code works. So it seems it's only for sending USD from. Any chance to get a code for EUR from Germany @Cordoba ?

Anyway, fees are much lower from Germany. For 500 EUR: WU Bank to bank transfers: 1.90 EUR (two months ago it was 0,90) and WU Bank to cash pick up 4.90 EUR.

Last edited:
FWIW: Banco Galicia offers free online bank account called Move, with both one account in ARS and another in USD. This account works with WU. Getting money from Galicia ATM is free, from others there are fees. Having another account, i.e. brubank helps to get money from Banelco ATMs for free (at least 4 transaction a month).

I saw people asked questions about AFIP. After logging in at their website with "CLAVE FISCAL" https://www.afip.gob.ar/ You may see under Servicios Habilitados > Nuestra Parte (some of) the information they have collected about you for example
  • Depósitos en dinero en el país (end of each year)
  • Consumos con tarjeta de débito (by year)
  • Compra/venta de moneda extranjera (by year)
  • etc.
They have different levels (niveles) of the CLAVE FISCAL. I saw above information having level 3 (which was necessary for customs clearance on receiving parcels from foreign countries).

Does anyone know if I can send bank to bank from my US bank account to a NaranjaX bank account? It doesn't show up in the bank list..

Does anyone know if I can send bank to bank from my US bank account to a NaranjaX bank account? It doesn't show up in the bank list..

You can not; CVUs (Naranja X, MercadoPago, etc.) are not financial institutions but virtual wallets, at least how the BCRA looks at them, so WU/BCRA requires you use your bank account, i.e. you need to use a CBU to receive incoming transfers. You can however send the money to Naranja X once you get it in your conventional bank account.

Back