Western Union money transfer

oldgringo

Registered
I don't know whats going on but I just got 63.25 from a credit card and 74.08 if you pay in the store from western union maybe a glitch or all hell breaking loose tomorrow

western union pay in store in usa is at 77.81 can anybody explain this new contado con liquidi why has western union gone from 56 to 78 in 3 weeks and do you think this dollar is going to stay been sending money to Arg for 15 years never heard of it until 3 days ago thanks

because i don't know what they are smoking in the WU brunch that pays 78. The ones in palermo give 63 and the cueva 65
I just downloaded the WU app and if I send 25.000 pesos within Argentina to be picked up in dollars, the net amount (which includes a $500 peso promo) would be $327,20 USD which equals a rate of $77,93 ARS to ONE USD!

PS: The WU Argentine app won't let me send USD from my US bank account to my Argentine bank account and the WU USA app is "not compatible" with any of my devices.

Would a VPN solve that problem?

Going right now (not tomorrow). Already available for pick up.
Perry is worth his weight in gold.
Pure gold.

I just downloaded the WU app and if I send 25.000 pesos within Argentina to be picked up in dollars, the net amount (which includes a $500 peso promo) would be $327,20 USD which equals a rate of $77,93 ARS to ONE USD!

PS: The WU Argentine app won't let me send USD from my US bank account to my Argentine bank account and the WU USA app is "not compatible" with any of my devices.

Yeah, a VPN might resolve it. That 77,93 ARS to 1 USD rate is their ARS->USD rate though. I just checked and USD->ARS is currently 64,34 ARS to 1 USD. Quite a nasty spread, but still pretty good for us that have foreign accounts and don't want the lower official and interbank rates (and don't want to do the USD->USD, withdraw, exchange at cueva dance).

I want to figure out how to get that contado with liqui rate though. For those of us with accounts in the US it should be possible...

Mar 6, 2019 Perry posted this

Way to go Perry.
$78 October 24. Still, more than 2 months to go.

I´ve already made a huge transfer right away few minutes ago. Pick up tomorrow.

Going right now (not tomorrow). Already available for pick up.
Perry is worth his weight in gold.
Pure gold.

Please let us know if you actually received $78 pesos (or close to that amount) for each dollar you transferred today.

Steve, you are buying dollars at this rate?????

Yeah, a VPN might resolve it. That 77,93 ARS to 1 USD rate is their ARS->USD rate though. I just checked and USD->ARS is currently 64,34 ARS to 1 USD. Quite a nasty spread, but still pretty good for us that have foreign accounts and don't want the lower official and interbank rates (and don't want to do the USD->USD, withdraw, exchange at cueva dance).

I want to figure out how to get that contado with liqui rate though. For those of us with accounts in the US it should be possible...

Very good ......$78 pesos is the exchange rate to Buy One Dollar . The Rate they Buy Your Dollars is $64.34 pesos....!

Don't be fooled... 78......!!!!

Last edited:
Back