Western Union money transfer

Was the amount over $10K USD?
My sister-in-law hasn't been asked to fill out any forms when sending the cash from Illinois, but the amounts have been less than 1K USD.
Curious if you tried or succeeded trying sending money from your own WU account to yourself? The WU account I created continues to offer the sole high exchange rate of, today 73.1, with Pick up cash/pay with debit card. For over a week trying to send myself money, I get an error message at the last step and cannot complete. Their tech is useless. VPN not a solution. Which makes me suspicious that they're really only processing transfers paid in cash at the origin, like you've done.

So happy the peso is staying in one place at the moment. Lets hope that a more median líneas continues!

Maybe some more towards the coffers of FREE healthcare and care all around that exists here!

unless ALL politicians of Argentina unit their efforts to pull up the Peso, i think it'll crash further.

Good news with Western Union, for a change. I've been trying to send myself money under Pick Up Cash/Pay Debit Card and blocked due to an unspecified error message. Just received an e-mail from their tech department saying "Upon further investigation on this matter, we would like to advise you to fill only mandatory details of receiver address when processing a new money transfer."
I deleted my old Receiver information and created a new one - Bingo! WU is working now @ 74.12 pesos / usd. Pennies from Heaven.

Western Union - Wheel of Fortune - A win! Sending from my US bank account to myself at a Buenos Aires WU pickup point.
74+ peso rate, a transfer from my debit card to a pick up in cash. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but no need for someone to walk in and pay at the send side. Can all be done through the WU website. There was a glitch at the WU send side again that cost me an hour of gnashing and on terminal hold with WU telephone 'help'. But once cleared money was here, at a WU tucked inside a Disco market on a safe street in Recoleta. Took agent 5 or 10 minutes to process and handover the pesos.

Hello everyone,

So far Western Union rate (send USD Cash form USA, pick up Peso in BsAs) seems to be the best exchange rate? How about the "blue dollar" rate that you get in Buenos Aires at this moment? I'm returning to Buenos Aires next month and will stay there for an extended period of time. I'm not sure should I carry maximum USD cash with me (and get money exchange at dollar blue rate), or should I just ask my sister (in USA) to send me money via Western Union regularly. Which rate is better? Also, if I use the Western Union way, can I pick up the money by showing only my passport? I will be living in Buenos Aires with a tourist visa so I don't have DNI nor tax file number. Thanks for the advice.

Back