Western Union money transfer

Just completed a seemless US bank to Argentina cash pick up today. No issues.
Finally mine went through, errors ceased, after the rate when down to 366. It seem to me like all these things are manipulated beyond the explicit parameters. The system always will come out ahead.

Finally mine went through, errors ceased, after the rate when down to 366. It seem to me like all these things are manipulated beyond the explicit parameters. The system always will come out ahead.
just as you come out ahead using this system in the first place...

Well, this came from WU today, after the app said they can't complete any of my transfer requests, and I filled out yet another stoopid Wu form:
--
Hello FRANKPINTOR,

We’re writing to let you know that, unfortunately, to meet our regulatory and compliance obligations, we are unable to continue providing you with money transfer services using Western Union. Accordingly, we cannot complete any money transfers you may attempt to send or receive in the future.

Due to our internal policy and local regulations, we cannot disclose any specific details why your service has been discontinued. However, you can refer to the Terms and Conditions section at westernunion.com for more information.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
--
So that's that, no explanation, zero loyalty to their customers, that's WU in a nutshell. Good riddance.

Well, this came from WU today, after the app said they can't complete any of my transfer requests, and I filled out yet another stoopid Wu form:
--
Hello FRANKPINTOR,

We’re writing to let you know that, unfortunately, to meet our regulatory and compliance obligations, we are unable to continue providing you with money transfer services using Western Union. Accordingly, we cannot complete any money transfers you may attempt to send or receive in the future.

Due to our internal policy and local regulations, we cannot disclose any specific details why your service has been discontinued. However, you can refer to the Terms and Conditions section at westernunion.com for more information.

--
So that's that, no explanation, zero loyalty to their customers, that's WU in a nutshell. Good riddance.
It certainly seems a strange way to do business. They must be making so much money that they just don't give a shit.

--
Hello FRANKPINTOR,

--
My sincere sympathies!

Can you tell us a little bit more, please, about what you had been doing? Big transfers or small transfers, cash pickup or bank to bank, how many times a month, etc?

I'm wondering if this will be happening to all of us, or what.

While ambiguous, it reads to me like they think you're violating the main local rule of only using it for familiar support. Whether this is the case or not it likely doesn't matter as it's not worth the headache legally for them.

It certainly seems a strange way to do business. They must be making so much money that they just don't give a shit.
In their defense, it's probably easier and better to cut off clients than deal with Argentine bureaucracy and regulators. Whatever they may be making off one person isn't likely worth the battle with all the relevant stakeholders from the BCRA to UIF to AFIP.

My sincere sympathies!

Can you tell us a little bit more, please, about what you had been doing? Big transfers or small transfers, cash pickup or bank to bank, how many times a month, etc?

I'm wondering if this will be happening to all of us, or what.

Yes, it could be the start of a clear-out. Even though, as Johnny says, WU must be making a fortune between their commission and arbitraging on Argentina's Forex markets.

I was doing mostly one, sometimes two transfers per month, for 200-300k each transfer. Occasionally transfers to people outside Argentina. Since none of my credit cards (Visa or Mastercard) have the advanced authentication mechanism WU requires, I used to set up the transfer in the app on my phone (where I use a VPN), then make a SEPA transfer from my European bank account to the WU bank in Austria (0% fee), then when WU saw the money was available, they would transfer to my bank account here in Argentina. It generally took 4-5 working days.

--
Hello FRANKPINTOR,

--
They did the same thing to me but in Spanish, haha!!! WU sucks. It's mostly because you have sent a lot of money which make they think you are operating some kind of business and your money is not "Ayuda familiar". They didn't give me any explanations either. I've switched to Moneygram and very happy with their service. Faster than WU. WU always has a few pesos per dollar more than MG though.

Hola ELMANO21

Le escribimos para informarle que, lamentablemente, para cumplir con nuestras obligaciones reglamentarias y de cumplimiento, no podemos continuar brindándole servicios de transferencia de dinero a través de Western Union. En consecuencia, no podemos completar ninguna transferencia de dinero que intente enviar o recibir en el futuro.

Debido a nuestra política interna y las reglamentaciones locales, no podemos revelar ningún detalle específico por el que se haya interrumpido su servicio. Sin embargo, puede consultar la sección Términos y condiciones en westernunion.com para obtener más información.

Su dinero ha sido reembolsado, incluyendo los cargos. Sin embargo, los fondos pueden demorar hasta 7 días hábiles en aparecer en su cuenta, según la práctica de procesamiento de reembolsos de su banco.

Lamentamos las molestias y gracias por su comprensión.

Atentamente,

Valery, OP ID # 129
Know Your Customer

They did the same thing to me but in Spanish, haha!!! WU sucks. It's mostly because you have sent a lot of money which make they think you are operating some kind of business and your money is not "Ayuda familiar". They didn't give me any explanations either. I've switched to Moneygram and very happy with their service. Faster than WU. WU always has a few pesos per dollar more than MG though.

Hola ELMANO21

Le escribimos para informarle que, lamentablemente, para cumplir con nuestras obligaciones reglamentarias y de cumplimiento, no podemos continuar brindándole servicios de transferencia de dinero a través de Western Union. En consecuencia, no podemos completar ninguna transferencia de dinero que intente enviar o recibir en el futuro.

Debido a nuestra política interna y las reglamentaciones locales, no podemos revelar ningún detalle específico por el que se haya interrumpido su servicio. Sin embargo, puede consultar la sección Términos y condiciones en westernunion.com para obtener más información.

Su dinero ha sido reembolsado, incluyendo los cargos. Sin embargo, los fondos pueden demorar hasta 7 días hábiles en aparecer en su cuenta, según la práctica de procesamiento de reembolsos de su banco.

Lamentamos las molestias y gracias por su comprensión.

Atentamente,

Valery, OP ID # 129
Know Your Customer
Welcome to the club... so possibly it is a clear-out of the expats sending money to themselves as "family support". The pointer to their T&Cs is just a distraction, it's simply unintelligible, unformatted gobbledegook and I didn't see anything relevant. They're not huge amounts of money, I expect, certainly not in my case. Were you doing cash pickups, or bank transfers?

Back