Western Union money transfer

You need to get the app that is mentioned on the American website

Otherwise, you are getting the Argentine version, and it is a different application.
I just tried that, and it says "this item isn't available in your country"
Yeah, I know, VPN. But...on the phone?

On Android I have 3 google accounts for 3 different countries with payment methods set up. When I need to download some app from the Play Store that is only available in one particular country, I switch to that country profile. It works without VPN.

I agree about the rate and wish I could wait, but unfortunately can't hold out any longer.

I've been using WU Canada with Revolut based on a comment you made ages ago and don't know if I ever thanked you for that tip. It's saved me a lot of money in transfer fees so I really appreciate you mentioning it. Thanks!

At least it's worked well until today. I struggled to get a transfer to go through and then tried a lower amount which worked. And then after tried to send more money and WU prompted me to provide more information about myself and the nature of the transfer. Then they requested docs verifying my identity and address. Since I know you're using WU Canada as well, have you been prompted to do this?

I'm not sure if this was just random or I went above a certain amount sent per year or if it's a new procedure or what. If you have any insight please let me know.
When I first started, and after sending a couple K to my spouse before moving back to AR I go one of these requests. I used my passport and a bill I think that was addressed to me that went to my friend's apartment in Canada and they accepted it.

You need to create a 2nd google account based in USA. VPN to USA to create the account. Both of these things you can do from your computer. Then later login to that new google account from your phone to download USA play store accounts, with or without VPN. Still I tend to always want VPN turned on from phone.

FX: 1.00 USD = 855.5900 ARS

I saw the rate at 830.30 this morning and Q as of your posting. As of this hour the rate has jumped.
Is there a particular hour that WU does their adjustments.
Thank you

FX: 1.00 USD = 855.5900 ARS

I saw the rate at 830.30 this morning and Q as of your posting. As of this hour the rate has jumped.
Is there a particular hour that WU does their adjustments.
Thank you
They used to do it at 3PM BsAs time but around 5PM seems to be increasingly the norm. I've also seen them update twice in a single day too so we'll have to see as things get increasingly interesting. An almost 100 peso jump in a day is a big movement but I'm certain it's not the last we'll see, and WU will be delayed with each movement no doubt

Today the CCL rate went up 8 % to 904! Back in August, around election time, when the rates skyrocketed, the Blue market buy/sell spread was really wide. Probably because the cuevas can lose money when the rate jumps up. One day I was quoted 900 pesos to buy one euro and 820 to sell. The same day, the exchange rate to buy dollars was 800 pesos and 740 pesos to sell. Also, about a month ago, the Western Union rate peaked at around 792, the same day that the Blue dollar could be bought for 735. Keep an eye out for these opportunities if you need to buy dollars. When the Western Union rate is higher than the Blue Dollar rate.

Back