Western Union money transfer

Agree , Rich one makes very very very strange jokes.
Actually, I thought Rich was saying the post about making the WU transfer at the $78 ARS to 1 $US was a joke.

deadOA didn't sound like he was joking...

...but at this point I'm not sure.

PS: I thought Rich One's sarcasm was quite appropriate and I chuckled when I read it!

If deadOA's posts about making the transfer at $78 to one were a joke, I'm not laughing.

If they were, it means that I wasted two hours researching how to make a transfer at that rate (including downloading the app, going to the WU website, searching for WU locations near my sister-in-laws house) and posting about the rate in another thread.

Last edited:
just checked wu its 75.26 but you physically have to pay in the usa which i can do as I am here or when I am there My daughter does it but it has never been much higher than central bank why that was my question when you go to wu site check pay in store option it will show you the higher rate if you pay online its 64 ish

just checked wu its 75.26 but you physically have to pay in the usa which i can do as I am here or when I am there My daughter does it but it has never been much higher than central bank why that was my question when you go to wu site check pay in store option it will show you the higher rate if you pay online its 64 ish

Hmm, I'm seeing that as well. I want to say it's most likely a bug and you'd get the normal exchange rate when the transaction is actually performed. If you do give it a try though, let us know how it goes.

Would it be fair to say the spreads increase dramatically when the peso is under pressure or there is political uncertainty? Although there is certainty that Fernandez is going to win there is a great deal of uncertainty about his cabinet and how much he will attempt to expand government spending.

On the other hand, despite the big spread compared to other currencies the dollar has the tightest spreads - which from my experience is true around the world.

In Argentina there are a multitude of exchange rates:
  1. Official
  2. Blue
  3. Mayorista
  4. Dolaria
  5. Contado con Liquidation
from https://www.ambito.com/contenidos/dolar.html

Can anyone recommend a practical tutorial on the meaning of these different rates?

Would it be fair to say the spreads increase dramatically when the peso is under pressure or there is political uncertainty? Although there is certainty that Fernandez is going to win there is a great deal of uncertainty about his cabinet and how much he will attempt to expand government spending.

On the other hand, despite the big spread compared to other currencies the dollar has the tightest spreads - which from my experience is true around the world.

In Argentina there are a multitude of exchange rates:
  1. Official
  2. Blue
  3. Mayorista
  4. Dolaria
  5. Contado con Liquidation
from https://www.ambito.com/contenidos/dolar.html

Can anyone recommend a practical tutorial on the meaning of these different rates?

1. Official: The rate at the banks and exchanges
2. Blue: The informal rate (e.g. Cuevas)
3. Mayorista: The interbank rate
4. Dolaria: An website/app for exchange
5. Contado con Liquidación: Buy dual listed stocks or bonds in one stock exchange in one currency and then transfer and sell for another currency in another.

Today´s quote $75.7.
I´ll not do another transfer today.
Chances are by the time I consume what I´ve already got, it will be much higher.

Thanks for your update,

Sorry you could not benefit further...

Back