Western Union money transfer

Thanks Gracielle, to which correo argentino did you go? I went to Puyrredon and Santa Fe, they had the amount yesterday but they told me that the system didn't allow transfers exceeding 45k, my transfer was of 45090, unfortunately didn't know that if not would have prevented it. I will try again in a few days...
The one in Caballito. In some neighborhoods, branches provide MANY payments in cash to ANSES beneficiaries of jubilaciones/pensiones and AUH monthly allotments by in large during the 1st week and last week of the month. Thanks for reporting on the increase to AR$45,000 pesos. It's too bad your transfer exceeds by $90 pesos. You will try again in a few days? How is that going to change the status of your cash payout if the amount remains the same exceeding the max allowed?

The one in Caballito. In some neighborhoods, branches provide MANY payments in cash to ANSES beneficiaries of jubilaciones/pensiones and AUH monthly allotments by in large during the 1st week and last week of the month. Thanks for reporting on the increase to AR$45,000 pesos. It's too bad your transfer exceeds by $90 pesos. You will try again in a few days? How is that going to change the status of your cash payout if the amount remains the same exceeding the max allowed?
I've just talked to WU, I think the amount of the transfer depends on the branch, WU told me the amount in Correo Argentino was 25000 but yesterday they were paying 45000, you should check in the Caballito one.
At the moment I'm trying to sort out my situation sending the transfer that was already made to pick up in a branch to my bank account, it takes a while but apparently it's possible.

I picked up $25,900 at the Correo Argentino office on Callao, near the corner with Vicente Lopez. They indicated their limit was $25,000 but they added on the $900. Not a particularly friendly place though, other than the supervisor. For anyone thinking of going there I would advise arriving just before they open at 9AM.

For anyone sending from the UK, it looks like WU has just added the option to get paid into a local account here rather than in pick up cash, which is the first time I've seen that. And if you choose a bank transfer, some of the payment options are free. The current rate is also $110 pesos per pound, which is the highest I've seen it.

I just checked my bank and the money came through on time and the right amount. To recap, I sent $500US with my Schwab card ($10US) surcharge) to my Banco de la Nation acct and received $44150ARfor $510US on Tuesday. I am thrilled.

Only hang up which I'm sure I will be able to fix is that I couldn't send directly from my bank account and save the $10 but I'm sure I can work that out.

Thank you all who helped me along the way.

T/

At 8:00pm today....1.00 USD = 90.6700 Argentine Peso (ARS)
At 6:00pm today....CCL = $94.69....I expect to see a spike in the WU exchange rate beginning tomorrow.

8 April 2020 • 18:19
Markets. The two reasons why the free dollar rises
.....With the increases, the so-called "exchange gaps", which make the difference between these exchange rates with the official dollar, consolidated well above 40%: it reaches 45% in the case of the CCL and 44% in that of the dollar MEP; levels that, if maintained, will only fuel an expectation of further devaluation of the peso.

April 10 2020 10:38 a.m.
1 usd = 94.57 WU Wheel of Fortune
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes-Benz?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends
So Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes-Benz?

Back