Western Union money transfer

Trouble in paradise :=(

I was able to send money twice from my Schwab Debit Card to my Argentina bank account successfully. Each time they sent me a form to fill out that they said I only have to fill out once or I would be stopped after 2 transfers. I've filled it out 4 times now. And the bad news is Banco de la Nacion has rejected my last 2 transfers. I called WU and they said I have to deal with BNA.

It seems that the bank isn't getting the form I'm filling out. or another problem?

Any suggestions? I sure do like not having to go to the bank to deposit money.

Thanks, T/

What did WU say? You would have to deal with WU's Argentina partner - Rapipago. Try to reach customer service at rapipago. I doubt that BNA is "rejecting" the payment. The form you were asked to fill is a declaration required by WU/Rapipago and not the bank. My best guess is Rapipago-WU is simply withholding the funds payout until they have processed the declaration (which perhaps due to the lockdown they are not able to process or perhaps there is a backlog?) In any case, WU US will always process a refund at your request as long as the money has not hit your ARG bank account.

Again, I think that the money is stuck with Rapipago and not the Bank. Talk to them.

Trouble in paradise :=(

I was able to send money twice from my Schwab Debit Card to my Argentina bank account successfully. Each time they sent me a form to fill out that they said I only have to fill out once or I would be stopped after 2 transfers. I've filled it out 4 times now. And the bad news is Banco de la Nacion has rejected my last 2 transfers. I called WU and they said I have to deal with BNA.

It seems that the bank isn't getting the form I'm filling out. or another problem?

Any suggestions? I sure do like not having to go to the bank to deposit money.

Thanks, T/
It happened to me that i kept receiving that email to fill up that form, like four times for each transfer. But the transfers did go through at the end.

It's nothing to worry about - I've just used the code and as much of the last name as possible with AR on the end. So 'EB1234567 Smith AR' or 'SmithAR' with no space if there's not enough room. It's gone through every time. You definitely don't need the full name, I think the number and the country code is the most important thing.

Out of curiosity you're saying you've managed to send from a UK account to an Argentinian bank account directly? The app has always stoped me from being able to send directly to an account with an error or saying that the receiver 'requires a nationality', can you shed any light on it for me? Or did you encounter no other problems?
I have had these same problems! Would love advice on how to successfully move money from UK bank acc to arg bank acc, I totally gave up on western union in favour of TransferWise months ago - but my understanding is that the former is better (if you succeed), right?

Would there be a problem if a European sends money through WU, to himself in Argentina, using his own European-issued credit card (with same name on card as beneficiary of the transfer, of course?

Should be fine Jeremias. You can even send to someone other than the card holder.
Paying with credit card is higher than debit card or bank wire.

Note: had a successful WU pickup end of last week.

Thanks man! And, is there a system of days reserved according to the last digit of the passport? Like, can I go any day of the week for the pickup, or do I need to wait a specific day?
And is there a WU branch that works near Congreso, Abasto or Tribunales? thanks :)

@Jeremias
Yes, in all cases I have seen the employees walking the line and turning away anyone who doesn't adhere to their specific day, according to this:
If you don't have a DNI number, they will want to see the last digit of your passport number to use instead.
That gives you 2 days a week to go.

The smaller pago facils seem to point people to the larger WU branch, even though they have large WU signs (in grocery stores, etc), but other people here have said they have had luck getting their WU transfer fulfilled inside of Jumbo etc, so YMMV.

As far as locations, yes there are some in those ares: If you read back over this thread you will see people pointing to several WU locations near there.
Good luck! Report back if you have any issue with amount, etc.
I've never heard of a problem with under 30,000 pesos, but some people have mentioned locations being out of money so you may want to go early.

Back