Western Union money transfer

Home address of the recipient.
I just called WU 15 minutes ago. But I did not understand the young lady very well (my fault) I did get the idea that she saying that yes the WU in supermarkets and pharmacies were open...and she did say something else but I was lost. Can anybody check this out...or confirm any of these locations in service? The phone number I called was 54 11 5293 5555....and wait time was short.

I'm now able to enter the account number and CUIL but then it asks for receiver's nationality - but there is no field for that on my phone app.

Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I sent money to a relative last Friday and they could not cash it yet. Does anybody know if all Western Union in Capital Federal area are closed? I contacted WU customer service but I can't get thru calling from abroad. I emailed them so now God knows when they will be able to reply.

I'm now able to enter the account number and CUIL but then it asks for receiver's nationality - but there is no field for that on my phone app.
I made all of my transfers through the Western Union USA website using my laptop.

Others have reported they could not successfully complete transfers using their phones.

I made all of my transfers through the Western Union USA website using my laptop.

Others have reported they could not successfully complete transfers using their phones.
Thanks for all your help. The website on my Chromebook always redirects me to the Argentine site. I'll try using a VPN.

Nevermind,

I see at the bottom I can choose USA

My friend has Savings Account at Banco de la Nacion. The account number is 10 digits. The PC web app says there is not enough digits in the account number.

Should I use the longer CBU for account number?

Well, now it is saying " The ID Number provided is not correct. Please verify and try again."

I'm not sure if they are referring to the CUIL or the CBU

Is the CUIL, the bank CUIL or the recipients tax ID?

How many digits should they be?

Last edited:
Well, now it is saying " The ID Number provided is not correct. Please verify and try again."
I couldn't get it to work the other day either using the account number, but once I put in the CBU, it worked. Make sure you typed it in correctly given that it such a long number. If it still doesn't take it, she must have given you the wrong CBU.

Back